Logo for Home-Menu? (1 Viewer)

BachManiac

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi!

Moving Pictures is the only entry in my Home-Menu that doesn't have a Mepo-Logo! I use the standard Blue3 skin!

how can I add some?

please help!

Mashenden

Portal Pro
January 13, 2006
Richmond, VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
create a hover_moving pictures.png from scratch in your skin\media folder. Or copy the hover_my videos.png.

I tried this but it does not seem to change the hover picture for Moving Pictures in the home page. I want to edit the Moving Pictures file so that it does not interfere with the time below the date.

I did replace the hover file for My NetFlix and it changed within the MP home page as expected.

What am I doing wring as this relates to Moving Pictures?

Matt Ashenden

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    No, if you change images in the skin\media folder, then you need to do the following:
    Go to Start Menu
    Program Files
    Team MediPortal
    MediaPortal
    Userfiles - that will open the directory with mediaportal user files
    In there, you will see a folder called cache
    Open it, and delete the relevant skin directory

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    Delete Picture Cache

Thank you for the help, rekenaar.

I found the Moving Pictures cache in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\Blue3wide. I simply deleted them and then during the next MP launch apparently a new cache was created, using the revised hover_moving pictures.png file that I had saved into C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Blue3wide\Media.

UPDATE - I also tried the steps that rekenaar suggested. It took me to the same place. Two ways to skin a cat :)

Go to Start Menu
    Program Files
    Team MediPortal
    MediaPortal
    Userfiles - that will open the directory with mediaportal user files
    In there, you will see a folder called cache
    Open it, and delete the relevant skin directory

Again, thank you.

mashenden

q

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    Yes, in the next release we will include a hover image for Blue3wide.

Mashenden

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Home Country
    Here is a modified png file for Moving Pictures. The two changes are it has 1) the lil dude in a seat and 2) a transparent strip at the top so it does not interfere with the time display.

Also here is one for Hulu as well (although I saved it as a png file and selected a png file - not sure why it is attached as a jpg file. Probably can simply be renamed to hover_hulupic.png).

Attachments

• hover_moving pictures.png
      hover_moving pictures.png
      816 KB
    • hover_hulupic.jpg
      hover_hulupic.jpg
      236.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread