Losing network connection crashes MPTail (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    When MPTail is run on a different PC than the log files are located rebooting the networked PC causes MPTail to crash. Not a big bug but a bug still :)

KevinM

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have videos on a NAS drive. MP seems unable to detect that it is connected sometimes - possibly due to the drive being in low power mode. It appears that MP times out too quickly when trying to access the external drive.

This did not happen in RC1 and may be related to the issue you have here.

davidf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    That is a windows issue to some extent, I'm assuming you are also using a wireless connection as, for wireless, the network cannot be brought up before the user has logged in which causes drives to appear as disconnected and Mp not to recognise them.

Use this cmd file to get around the issue replacing <nas address> and <Gateway address> to your ip addresses just place in startup and set MP not to automatically start

@echo off
    :waitloop
    echo Waiting for wireless....
    Ping 127.0.0.1 -n 2 > nul
    ipconfig | find /i "<Gateway address>" >nul
    if errorlevel 1 goto waitloop
    :waitloop2
    echo Waiting for nas....
    ping <nas address> | find /i "TTL" >nul
    if errorlevel 1 goto waitloop2
    :connected
    net use z: \\<nas address>\hdd_1_1_1 /persistent:no
    net use y: \\<nas address>\hdd2 /persistent:no
    echo starting....
    "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    MPTail is not related to MediaPortal, its an external utility for watching logs :D So these two posts are in a wrong forum area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom