[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (9 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    From Tourettes comments, native madVR should be done after all madVR issues goes fixed.
    V11 has renderframe commented out.

Actual implementation cause huge GPU/CPU bandwidth and can lead on lower CPU (or not) into some dropped frame or not be able to use all madVR tweak option.

So i will build default full installer without native Renderframe but upload too a version for it and could be nice to have result on this.

Next implementation would be to take information directly from VRAM (GPU) or something to try to have less stress on PCIe bus.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Please send our thanks to Tourettes (or if you're reading, THANKS).

I don't understand the renderfame functionality, what is the functional difference? (if you don't mind explaining :) )

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's for AtmoLight if I understood correctly, with Mediaportal non-madVR builds we do only call it when it detects AtmoLight though so no overhead for the regular users but might be different for the madVR builds :)
    Did notice a slightly higher render time with AtmoLight but that has been with EVR as well since the beginning, it depends on the hardware and drivers / implementation.
    For comparision later this is the load with EVR under Mediaportal 1.15 + AtmoLight 1.18.0.0 pre-release, not sure if we can measure the pci-e interface load but the bus interface stays at 0% :)

evr_load.JPG

Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    using the test dshowhelper for atmolight, although not using it (pure ambibox for this test). Is the 'switch' in place to only use renderframe with atmolight plugin? If not, then good news as it doesn't crash for me after many zaps.

It did however occasionally go slideshow on channel zap, cured by zapping somewhere else (but not pausing). Logs attached if they show anything.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    using the test dshowhelper for atmolight, although not using it (pure ambibox for this test). Is the 'switch' in place to only use renderframe with atmolight plugin? If not, then good news as it doesn't crash for me after many zaps.

It did however occasionally go slideshow on channel zap, cured by zapping somewhere else (but not pausing). Logs attached if they show anything.

Yes 'dshowhelper for atmolight' has the renderframe in place but grab the frame from c++ only 2 frames :)

So it's good that it doesn't crash :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    You mean, just the first two?

Yes 'dshowhelper for atmolight' has the renderframe in place but grab the frame from c++ only 2 frames :)

So it's good that it doesn't crash :)
    Cool, yes still stable now, when do I get the rest of the frames? ;)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Cool, yes still stable now, when do I get the rest of the frames? ;)

They get sacrificed to the GPU gods :p

Wondering how well smoothing works this way, this means for 24P content we now get 12ish frames to base this on so might get higher rate of color changes depending on the content :)
    Once the test machine works again will do some experimenting but in the meantime made a new build with some improvements done by @wolph lowering the cpu usage when delay is active to near 0% :D

Need to handle a non-existent case when a device / target doesn't support delays which at the moment none do but would be nice to handle it anyway for in the future.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.9.0_V20.mpe1
      581.4 KB
    Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'll check it out, been playing with INO scripts again so want to try my multi atmoduino/atmoduinov2/ambibox protocol receiver :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom