[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Seb!
    I've one petition that could be good for MP.
    There are a huge variety of hardware running MP, some of them will have a limited power to play interlaced content with MadVR.
    And for some others, madVR will be (ATM) THE ONLY way to play certain content, ie 3D blueray mkv.

So my suggestion is:
    Can MP include the option to play madVr on tv only or VIDEO files only, or play all types? And for instance, force, madVr to play 3D MVC MKV files to madvr even if the option is not selected as is the only what to play it? (Excluding external players like powerdvd, of course)

And last. Include some of the basic option of madvr setting in mp to be configured from inside MP ?
    Even a basic problem-free option, like DVXA2, no advanced scaling. That will allow problem -free playback to basic users, before they step on more advanced adventures with MadVr options...

Skin files will be needed also.

All that suggestions will help to make easier the use of madvr to basic users, and advanced ones...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

It can be nice for sure but surely complex to add but if someone else can work on it why not :)
    Perso, i think we should keep like this for example for 3D it's an mkv so how we can detect that we need or not madVR, better is to let the option to select madVR in MP Config (maybe add the option directly in settings MP GUI section, it should be possible i think (and no need to restart MP), like this user can swap to EVR or madVR without closing MP.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, @alexdepalma
    i think, we can't wait more than MP1.
    seb & tourettes working on MadVR for MP1. sure it can be benefits, but what i see me, is the port on MP2. if we have an copy who work on MP1 it's more easy to export it to MP2.
    but implement an autodetection on which renderer must be selected is really an b"u"g rework.

i can't follow all release of seb on this thread. but it seems stable, at least as alpha state ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, right now the issue i was seeing is when using exclusive mode, TVS info while playing was not always updated, so something related to timing issue, for ex it didn't happen on dev PC. Exclusive OFF or EVR is ok, i don't know why it failed and will be surely not easy to debug.

But except that it seems to be stable for other no deadlock happen from v97 :) that's a good news :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Agree. I was thinking of making a list of the 'minor' issues I'm now seeing, but I can't see anything major affecting the ability to consider it RC ready with one or two minor known issues. I do also realise I have no say in that but thought I'd pass on my experience from a few weeks of living with it in MP :)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Agree. I was thinking of making a list of the 'minor' issues I'm now seeing, but I can't see anything major affecting the ability to consider it RC ready with one or two minor known issues. I do also realise I have no say in that but thought I'd pass on my experience from a few weeks of living with it in MP :)

Obviously just my opinion but I think it might be wise (acceptance factor) if a cover all version of OV was available (if it is not too far away) for RC.

With respect to the options discussion/request the only problem I have is that there are occaisions (not enough glasses, or my mother:oops:) when it would be better to watch a 3D vid. in 2D, so an option in the OSD to disable 3D option would be a "nice to have". I appreciate there are other ways round this but none so neat for me.;)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    nice progress guys i had an exhausting week,
    finally had a bit time testing v97 yesterday. tried on client with playlist and singleseat with tv.
    no major problems, only minor things like zap info cutout of previous program sometimes... little osd hiccups her and there but the general functions running pretty pretty good on both, no deadlock or other serious bugs so far. (y)(y)(y)(y)

that damn week isn't nearly over yet, need vacation from the vacation ^^

Yep, right now the issue i was seeing is when using exclusive mode,
    i guess i saw it too, when i open the big tv guide directly while tv is running mad reports -dxva prcessing surface failed

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    With respect to the options discussion/request the only problem I have is that there are occaisions (not enough glasses, or my mother:oops:) when it would be better to watch a 3D vid. in 2D, so an option in the OSD to disable 3D option would be a "nice to have". I appreciate there are other ways round this but none so neat for me.;)
    Don't forget you could set a key combination in madVR to do this, then join it to a remote using the usual tools. For permanent enable/disable thats already in madVR.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't forget you could set a key combination in madVR to do this, then join it to a remote using the usual tools. For permanent enable/disable thats already in madVR.
    @kenwonders Please can you explain how to set a key combination for temporaily disabling 3D in madvr, I took a look at but don't know where to start.:confused:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I can't promise it works because I haven't tried it, but create a profile group for the 3d section in 'rendering', then create 2 profiles: 1 with 3d on and the other off. There is an option in the GROUP form (not the individual profiles) to select a keyboard shortcut to toggle the profiles. You can select a default by creating a small 3d detect rule or leaving it to remember the last used.

No idea what that will do for a video mid play though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom