[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Cool, yes still stable now, when do I get the rest of the frames? ;)

They get sacrificed to the GPU gods :p

Wondering how well smoothing works this way, this means for 24P content we now get 12ish frames to base this on so might get higher rate of color changes depending on the content :)
    Once the test machine works again will do some experimenting but in the meantime made a new build with some improvements done by @wolph lowering the cpu usage when delay is active to near 0% :D

Need to handle a non-existent case when a device / target doesn't support delays which at the moment none do but would be nice to handle it anyway for in the future.

Maybe not a good idea but is it possible to double (copy) the frame on atmolight side ? :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That can be done with SlimDX which we use in the official release however it won't work on all systems depending on madVR settings and monitor setup (surface isn't always readable), so not perfect but we used that as a stop gap for the native solution :)
    Can be improved further though but native would be much nicer as we can accurately match it to movie frame rate and its new frame event.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    All good so far with v97 for me. Just one minor gripe, ;)in OV ITV A-Z and other ITV catchup content is not displayed or errors on selection, as previously reported. I have tried the now released OV 2.2 with std 1.14 and there is no problem with ITV. So tried installing released OV 2.2 plus your mod for madvr but still get the ITV problem. The attached log is for a sucessfull playback of ITV live plus failed attempts to display catchup content with madvr but it behaves just the same when EVR is selected.:(
    No big deal on this, your prorities take precedent, also other previously reported mior bugs are all still present on this version.:LOL:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That can be done with SlimDX which we use in the official release however it won't work on all systems depending on madVR settings and monitor setup (surface isn't always readable), so not perfect but we used that as a stop gap for the native solution :)
    Can be improved further though but native would be much nicer as we can accurately match it to movie frame rate and its new frame event.

Hmm sorry that not what i would like to explain (i fear) :)
    I mean to use native madVR but to double the frame on plugin side, kind of loop :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi
    All good so far with v97 for me. Just one minor gripe, ;)in OV ITV A-Z and other ITV catchup content is not displayed or errors on selection, as previously reported. I have tried the now released OV 2.2 with std 1.14 and there is no problem with ITV. So tried installing released OV 2.2 plus your mod for madvr but still get the ITV problem. The attached log is for a sucessfull playback of ITV live plus failed attempts to display catchup content with madvr but it behaves just the same when EVR is selected.:(
    No big deal on this, your prorities take precedent, also other previously reported mior bugs are all still present on this version.:LOL:

So it can be an issue with OV (the one i build :) ) Will try to look if i can add a check for madVR, like this you will be able to test my build against Master 1.14 or 1.15 pre :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi

OV attached in first post based on latest source (i have zipped the MPEI and plugin files) :) This version shouldn't work on offcial MP build.
    Tonight, i will build code source without modification and if it failed then something is wrong when building on my side lol.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OV attached in first post based on latest source (i have zipped the MPEI and plugin files) :) This version shouldn't work on offcial MP build.
    Tonight, i will build code source without modification and if it failed then something is wrong when building on my side lol.

OK super job ITV is now working with the new OV on page 1(y)(y)(y)(y):). I can also confirm it does not work with 1.15 pre.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good news then :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

OK super job ITV is now working with the new OV on page 1(y)(y)(y)(y):). I can also confirm it does not work with 1.15 pre.

Yes it doesn't works because it didn't find the code line for checking EVR :) on official MP build :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom