alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here I'm again
    I've been out of home the hole week.
    I've just installed V97 and here are my findings.

I've been playing with several channels change. Starting from SD to HD to SD, SD other TV card, and "DXVA Procesig failed" message appears on first few seconds before MadVr status (Ctrl+J) appeards. all good, some more changes... ops another DXVA failure on HD channel, This time deinterlace is lost. All HD channels from now look like a lot of frame loost and no deinterlace...
    Then try another channel and image goes blank. I thought it crashed, but no. I ear the sound of clics with remote. I change channel and appears another channel properly but... if hit info button, no Gui presented, If press TV guide, no image presented. Changed several channels and Blank screen always and no gui.

Closed MP with ALT F4 and right click on tastbar MP icon exit. so MP never crashed but screen went blank and gui lost.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here I'm again

I've been playing with several channels change. Starting from SD to HD to SD, SD other TV card, and "DXVA Procesig failed" message appears on first few seconds before MadVr status (Ctrl+J) appeards. all good, some more changes... ops another DXVA failure on HD channel, This time deinterlace is lost. All HD channels from now look like a lot of frame loost and no deinterlace...
    Then try another channel and image goes blank. I thought it crashed, but no. I ear the sound of clics with remote. I change channel and appears another channel properly but... if hit info button, no Gui presented, If press TV guide, no image presented. Changed several channels and Blank screen always and no gui.

Closed MP with ALT F4 and right click on tastbar MP icon exit. so MP never crashed but screen went blank and gui lost.

Hi,
    All errors you have seems to be on : en MediaPortalApp.RenderFrame(Single timePassed, GUILayers layers, Boolean& uiVisible)
    This code shoudn't be hit for V97 except if you overwrite dshowhelper from the first post.

Could you confirm this ? (if you didn't use the zip in first post then something was wrong on installation from first post)

Then if you use the zip, reinstall v97 and see what happen (renderFrame code should not be executed :) )

One thing i have in mind and it can maybe the cause, there is a callback from renderframe on C# side but in C++ it was commented out (Full installer without the dshowhelper.zip).
    I remember that even with callback disable on C++ side, C# side can be trigger (i didn't know why) it was happening in few last build around V55 or something but i have corrected it quickly.

If it's this error, maybe you could try the dshowhelper (zip) after all because like this C++ and C# side will be enable, if you can confirm this then, i will be able to post a new bin over the weekend.

There is also a hickup in madVR device related to Subtitle device, should be already fixed, so next bin will have that issue fixed too.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    About the issue on TvSeries, i know what happen :)

I will try to explain it :

When starting a video, after few frame displayed, MP code fill the OSD info (only after first frame displayed, so after refreshrate and exclusive mode enable.)
    So with exclusive + refreshrate it can take a few seconds before first frame start and the OSD is filled but TVS need to fill OSD too and when it failed, it's because it fill OSD before first few frames, so OSD is filled but replaced by MP one (myvideo) and then we have only display name display instead of TVS OSD info.

The fix was to increase the delay on TVS (normal delay is 2 seconds, i have higher that to 5 secs and it works always) the 2 seconds was already a workaround for current official MP Release.

So i think we will not have many choice :

1- Higher the value on TVS.
    or
    2- Don't update OSD from myvideo or maybe create an event to tell plugins that subscribe to it that it can refresh OSD. That's need to add code on MP Side and all plugins.

So for now the increase delay is the simplest way :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Agree. I was thinking of making a list of the 'minor' issues I'm now seeing, but I can't see anything major affecting the ability to consider it RC ready with one or two minor known issues. I do also realise I have no say in that but thought I'd pass on my experience from a few weeks of living with it in MP :)

Obviously just my opinion but I think it might be wise (acceptance factor) if a cover all version of OV was available (if it is not too far away) for RC.

With respect to the options discussion/request the only problem I have is that there are occaisions (not enough glasses, or my mother:oops:) when it would be better to watch a 3D vid. in 2D, so an option in the OSD to disable 3D option would be a "nice to have". I appreciate there are other ways round this but none so neat for me.;)

It seems that there no command to send to disable/enable 3D from madVR Interface, so the idea to map a function to a remote button can be a good idea even if i have no clue if it will works correctly :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Agree. I was thinking of making a list of the 'minor' issues I'm now seeing, but I can't see anything major affecting the ability to consider it RC ready with one or two minor known issues. I do also realise I have no say in that but thought I'd pass on my experience from a few weeks of living with it in MP :)

Obviously just my opinion but I think it might be wise (acceptance factor) if a cover all version of OV was available (if it is not too far away) for RC.

With respect to the options discussion/request the only problem I have is that there are occaisions (not enough glasses, or my mother:oops:) when it would be better to watch a 3D vid. in 2D, so an option in the OSD to disable 3D option would be a "nice to have". I appreciate there are other ways round this but none so neat for me.;)

It seems that there no command to send to disable/enable 3D from madVR Interface, so the idea to map a function to a remote button can be a good idea even if i have no clue if it will works correctly :)
    Have you seen my suggestion bottom of last page? A profile toggle for 3d should be the same thing, in fact, you can do that to any setting in madVR this way.

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here I'm again

Hi,
    All errors you have seems to be on : en MediaPortalApp.RenderFrame(Single timePassed, GUILayers layers, Boolean& uiVisible)
    This code shoudn't be hit for V97 except if you overwrite dshowhelper from the first post.

Could you confirm this ? (if you didn't use the zip in first post then something was wrong on installation from first post)

Then if you use the zip, reinstall v97 and see what happen (renderFrame code should not be executed :) )

One thing i have in mind and it can maybe the cause, there is a callback from renderframe on C# side but in C++ it was commented out (Full installer without the dshowhelper.zip).
    I remember that even with callback disable on C++ side, C# side can be trigger (i didn't know why) it was happening in few last build around V55 or something but i have corrected it quickly.

If it's this error, maybe you could try the dshowhelper (zip) after all because like this C++ and C# side will be enable, if you can confirm this then, i will be able to post a new bin over the weekend.

There is also a hickup in madVR device related to Subtitle device, should be already fixed, so next bin will have that issue fixed too.

I used v97 instaler. No additional files.
    Tomorrow I'll re- install and test.
    Wil try also the zip dshowhelper

Thanks!

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you seen my suggestion bottom of last page? A profile toggle for 3d should be the same thing, in fact, you can do that to any setting in madVR this way.

Just saw it and will try later today, many thanks.:)(y)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here I'm again

Hi,

I used v97 instaler. No additional files.
    Tomorrow I'll re- install and test.
    Wil try also the zip dshowhelper

Thanks!

Ok, here a go again.
    Its true, now GUI is fine no Blank screen. Previous installation didn't give any error but something went wrong.
    Now the only problem is the Deinterlace one.
    changing from SD to HD or from HD to SD, sometimes, happens a the folowing:
    MadVR REPORTS
    DXVA Procesing failed message

on the first 3-4 seconds on channel change. Then disappears and normal MadVr report is shown (but deinterlace off)
    This problem happens from time to time but not always.
    When that happens MadVr no longer deinterlace the image. If the report appears on SD channel, alll SD channel will have Deinterlace Off. but HD ok. When the problem appears on HD, from that moment all HD channels get deinterlace off.

If I stop the timeshift, this behaviour status gets reset and normal SD and HD deinterlace. until next DXVA pocesing failed.. and so on.

Its highly more probable that those problems happens if the first tuned channel is SD

Attachments

• lost deinterlace.png
      lost deinterlace.png
      3 MB
    • same channel after timeshift stop.png
      same channel after timeshift stop.png
      3 MB
    Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Here a crash on channel change. Its really hader to get a crash. but here are 2 (freezed need to kill app)

And a MadVr report on DXVA Procesing failed

Attachments

• madVR - freeze report (1).txt
      61.3 KB
    Last edited:

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi alex, just guessing
    do you use lav with qs and hardware deinterlacing enable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom