[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Sebastiii
    Forget about SBS problema. My tv is panasonic. Selecting, "No device" in Auto3D makes SBS auto change to work again. MODE Autodetected, GUI 3D and 1080p mode active.

On video Stop it goes back to 4K !!!!

Don't know why it goes 4K 50hz. Dont have any option on DRR to default return NO PALHD selected. Also I'm not using use internal refresh as MadVr is doing the trick with Frame packet

I'm getting crash on second video playback. Wanted to try 353 but already removed from forum

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Good :) it start to be better :p
    Will try to understand why it goes to 50Hz but i have an idea, will put a new bin tonight :p

Just to be sure, what Auto3D version did you use ? (if it's the official one, please update it with latest i have build in first post :p)
    Just to be sure to that the dll is overwrites (plugins\windows MP folder) because i've noticed sometimes it does not :p (or better remove the dll before installing the MPEI.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii
    Forget about SBS problema. My tv is panasonic. Selecting, "No device" in Auto3D makes SBS auto change to work again. MODE Autodetected, GUI 3D and 1080p mode active.

On video Stop it goes back to 4K !!!!

Don't know why it goes 4K 50hz. Dont have any option on DRR to default return NO PALHD selected. Also I'm not using use internal refresh as MadVr is doing the trick with Frame packet

I'm getting crash on second video playback. Wanted to try 353 but already removed from forum

V353 has just more log but include in V354, so this is why i have removed V353 :p

Can you get log of the crash and also madVR freeze report when it happen ? :)
    If the crash report didn't work, you can use the madvrprocess tool in first post it permit to create one :p

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just to be sure, what Auto3D version did you use ? (if it's the official one, please update it with latest i have build in first post :p)

I'm using 354. an MadVR DRR.
    After reseting of computer I'm performing a deep test playing SBS and TAB files and MVC. More than 25 files. Not a major problem. Very exceptionally is not detected SBS nor TAB.

Frame packet MVC all worked properly. PERFECT!!!

From FP, SBS and TAB..... ALWAYS came back to 4K. I have one SBS 720p and plays perfect at 1080p 3D.

The importance of 50Hz is big. On 4K HDMI 1.4a TV 4K 50Hz may not be available because of HDMI bandwidth limitations and may cause problems. Just leaving previous HZ or the played film Hz will be oK.

GOOD WORK!!!

Now I can Say MediaPortal is 100% 3D compatible.
    Sorry @Sebastiii but can reproduce the crash. Its simply going perfect!!!!

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great :)
    Will try to backup the previous DRR (along the resolution) to restore it too like it does for resolution :p

So the new patch seems to works good and activated only when Auto3D mode is active :p

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma :)
    Added to backup current refresh rate :p
    I hope it will work ok (in multiscreen setup, maybe it will take the wrong screen refresh rate so let see) :)

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes! You have it!!!
    355 is doing the trick!
    Perfect! Previous refresh rate and resolution is recovered!
    Will try multiscreen tomorrow. But both are in clone mode shouldn't be a problem.
    Amazing!
    (y)

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi @Sebastiii multiscreen also works perfect. In the event of failure of 3D mode detection, selection with Ctrl+D makes all system to change all all works properly.
    Really great work!
    Big thanks for that!

Also today I received my new 1050Ti 4Gb and all problems with GUI (flickering or disappear) seem to have disappeared so probably they are related with low graphics memory. Before I had Nvidia 730, 750 and 1050 all with 2Gb. The 1050 and DX11modes was more resistant to have problems but unfortunately on TV mode most common (4K 50hrz) was still happening. Seems that not any more on 4Mb card. RGB modes 8 or 12Bit HDR 4k videos don't work in HDR just SDR. And gave GREEN colours on MP GUI and the video it self. 4.4.4 and 4.2.2 8 or 12 bit works. Any 10 bit HDR causes windows to crash.
    Finally to get 3D FramePacket active, I must always pass the NVIDIA 3D calibration process before MadVr recognised the mode and gets available. This process is the first option available in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Only once must be done after Driver installation. The new option in Ctrl+D I think it could be automatic on 3D to 2D conversion as it is really needed in those situations.

I think this information should be provided in Wiki to help other users.

Now a days in my opinion, MadVr port is really stable, very, very close to EVR!

BIG THANKS again for your effort and dedication.

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom