[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (22 Viewers)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    541
    493
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Just to be sure, what Auto3D version did you use ? (if it's the official one, please update it with latest i have build in first post :p)

    I'm using 354. an MadVR DRR.
    After reseting of computer I'm performing a deep test playing SBS and TAB files and MVC. More than 25 files. Not a major problem. Very exceptionally is not detected SBS nor TAB.

    Frame packet MVC all worked properly. PERFECT!!!

    From FP, SBS and TAB..... ALWAYS came back to 4K. I have one SBS 720p and plays perfect at 1080p 3D.

    The importance of 50Hz is big. On 4K HDMI 1.4a TV 4K 50Hz may not be available because of HDMI bandwidth limitations and may cause problems. Just leaving previous HZ or the played film Hz will be oK.

    GOOD WORK!!!

    Now I can Say MediaPortal is 100% 3D compatible.
    Sorry @Sebastiii but can reproduce the crash. Its simply going perfect!!!!
     
    Last edited:

    Sebastiii

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Great :)
    Will try to backup the previous DRR (along the resolution) to restore it too like it does for resolution :p

    So the new patch seems to works good and activated only when Auto3D mode is active :p
     
    Last edited:

    Sebastiii

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma :)
    Added to backup current refresh rate :p
    I hope it will work ok (in multiscreen setup, maybe it will take the wrong screen refresh rate so let see) :)
     
    Last edited:

    alexdepalma

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    541
    493
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yes! You have it!!!
    355 is doing the trick!
    Perfect! Previous refresh rate and resolution is recovered!
    Will try multiscreen tomorrow. But both are in clone mode shouldn't be a problem.
    Amazing!
    (y)
     
    Last edited:

    alexdepalma

    MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    541
    493
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi @Sebastiii multiscreen also works perfect. In the event of failure of 3D mode detection, selection with Ctrl+D makes all system to change all all works properly.
    Really great work!
    Big thanks for that!

    Also today I received my new 1050Ti 4Gb and all problems with GUI (flickering or disappear) seem to have disappeared so probably they are related with low graphics memory. Before I had Nvidia 730, 750 and 1050 all with 2Gb. The 1050 and DX11modes was more resistant to have problems but unfortunately on TV mode most common (4K 50hrz) was still happening. Seems that not any more on 4Mb card. RGB modes 8 or 12Bit HDR 4k videos don't work in HDR just SDR. And gave GREEN colours on MP GUI and the video it self. 4.4.4 and 4.2.2 8 or 12 bit works. Any 10 bit HDR causes windows to crash.
    Finally to get 3D FramePacket active, I must always pass the NVIDIA 3D calibration process before MadVr recognised the mode and gets available. This process is the first option available in the NVIDIA Control Panel. Only once must be done after Driver installation. The new option in Ctrl+D I think it could be automatic on 3D to 2D conversion as it is really needed in those situations.


    I think this information should be provided in Wiki to help other users.

    Now a days in my opinion, MadVr port is really stable, very, very close to EVR!

    BIG THANKS again for your effort and dedication.

    Alex
     

    Helios61

    Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    4,586
    875
    64
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Sebastiii ,
    first of all I would like to thank you for your tireless efforts here and for your great support in many TV sessions. That is exemplary. Thank you very much.
    Last week you helped me a lot to get my HTPC working again. 3D, HDR, everything is working fine. There's one other thing i've noticed. Unfortunately i get a lot of dropped frames and stuttering during playback 25/50 Hz (LiveTV and Video) with 4K resolution. When I set the TV resolution manually to 1080p, playback is working fine.
    Do you have any idea how to fix this?
     

    Sebastiii

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    I fear not :( it's surely an issue GPU not powerful but it looks weird :( because it seems yours should be enough for LiveTV.
    I don't have 4K so i can't really compare, but with EVR it's OK right ?
    I remember that settings something else than DXVA lead to stuttering too so it's strange.
    Ah thinking of buffer, maybe lowering it can change the result ?
    This value :
    upload_2017-10-29_8-24-38.png

    And those : CPU and GPU queue
    upload_2017-10-29_8-25-4.png


    Can you try it ?

    Ps : madshi has released madVR 0.92.8 :p
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom