Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Sebastiii ,
    first of all I would like to thank you for your tireless efforts here and for your great support in many TV sessions. That is exemplary. Thank you very much.
    Last week you helped me a lot to get my HTPC working again. 3D, HDR, everything is working fine. There's one other thing i've noticed. Unfortunately i get a lot of dropped frames and stuttering during playback 25/50 Hz (LiveTV and Video) with 4K resolution. When I set the TV resolution manually to 1080p, playback is working fine.
    Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    I fear not :( it's surely an issue GPU not powerful but it looks weird :( because it seems yours should be enough for LiveTV.
    I don't have 4K so i can't really compare, but with EVR it's OK right ?
    I remember that settings something else than DXVA lead to stuttering too so it's strange.
    Ah thinking of buffer, maybe lowering it can change the result ?
    This value :
    upload_2017-10-29_8-24-38.png

And those : CPU and GPU queue
    upload_2017-10-29_8-25-4.png

Can you try it ?

Ps : madshi has released madVR 0.92.8 :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hey :)
    I have made a small change in Auto3D about remote (i'm using MCE official remote) and when setting a KEY for auto3D and in MCE remote, that doesn't works. (Older Auto3D before MP1.16) was working (not on my side because i was using the remote to displaying the menu) but with the change with HID it wasn't working anymore.

So in final, in HID MCE settings from MP configuration, i was able to assign a divide "/" without quote on RecordedTV button (button that i rarely used).
    Then with the change in Auto3D when pressing the button on remote, Auto3d analyse it and like i have set this Divide Menu key too, it is working :)

So 111 is Divide "/" :
    upload_2017-10-29_8-31-47.png

upload_2017-10-29_8-32-19.png

And now it works from remote :)
    You can assign the "111" to what ever button you don't use lol.

Ps : Will update the Auto3D change MPEI in first post :p

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey seb, hey guys
    before i try the recent stuff and that auto3d drr hacks, i just did a simple 2 display mode profile, resolution switch based on folder name or file tag
    for example with 3d usage:
    Code:
    if (filePath = "*\3d\*") or (fileName = "*[SBS]*") or (fileName = "*[TAB]*") "Profile 2" else "Profile 1"
    prof-t1.PNG
    1.PNG 2.PNG
    used profile 1 for the normal resolutions and profile 2 for the custom one
    Screenshot (444).png
    just as a test tab3d at 1366x766^^
    btw. don't update w10 fa(i)ll creators update or expect the wildest damn things happen (and bb exclusive mode for sure).... reverted over a dozen machines so far, nj
    as a insider on rs4 i'm simply stunned but finally a bit time to play on with that again^^

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom