[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (11 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @joecrow can you enable this options and try again to see if you can trigger the crash ?

    upload_2018-1-4_13-42-30.png


    upload_2018-1-4_13-42-16.png


    Somehow and i'm not sure why MP detect a windows resolution change :
    Main: WM_SIZE (SIZE_RESTORED: 1744x981)

    And then rebuild the swap chain and it's here that sometimes D3D is not fully ready and can lead to a crash, but i'm not sure why windows does that (the resolution change)
    Thanks.
     

    joecrow

    Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    2,715
    2,078
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can you enable this options and try again to see if you can trigger the crash ?
    With that setting so far it has not crashed. I will continue testing.
    UPDATE:- Spoke to soon, after an MP restart tried TV and got a BSOD straight away, after the reboot TV no longer works:(, nothing on screen but preview in TV Config is OK, log attached. Will install 1.9pre to correct and test with baseline.
    UPDATE:-2 Now on 1.9pre plus revert back to Lav 0.70.02 (so no more D3D11), also eased back on some of the Madvr Scaling. Now all looking solid in Fullscreen mode but can still get Madvr crashes if windowed. I will try and detail with logs later.
     

    Attachments

    • MediaPortalLogs_04_01_18__14_27.zip
      358.6 KB
    Last edited:

    Freuli

    Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    391
    77
    Hi, installed V7 and a brief check showed no porblems. Will watch TV tonight, hopefully without crashes ;-)
    But I need help wit OV. I installed the version of Sebastiii but there is no DRR. I tried a 24Hz movie, but no frequency change was done.

    regards
    Markus
     

    Sebastiii

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,
    Can you try with Itunes trailers for example ?

    For example my settings for madVR, for sure OV send framerate info and madVR switch to the correct freq on my side (at least for itunes trailers)

    You can screenshot the CTRL+J madVR stats and post here ?

    Thanks.

    upload_2018-1-4_17-57-48.png
     

    Sebastiii

    Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    16,514
    10,467
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, installed V7 and a brief check showed no porblems. Will watch TV tonight, hopefully without crashes ;-)
    But I need help wit OV. I installed the version of Sebastiii but there is no DRR. I tried a 24Hz movie, but no frequency change was done.

    regards
    Markus

    Can you try also V6 and post logs and logs with V7 :p
    Thanks.
     

    joecrow

    Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    2,715
    2,078
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me both 1.9pre and v7 work without problems in Fullscreen (with or without the "Ignore etc." setting ticked). Both however crash Madvr intermittently in Windowed mode, a combination of playing TV with zap and then the Elysium demo seem to cause the problem quite quickly. Attached are a crash report and logs from V7
     

    Attachments

    • madVR - crash report.txt
      56.4 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_04_01_18__20_00.zip
      433.8 KB

    Freuli

    Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    391
    77
    Good morning,
    I think it was my mistake. There is no DRR with Amazon Prime, but it is using a browser player.
    I started several movies yesterday and also I watched TV without any issues.
    The only observation is with madvr and TV, that e.g. watching ski races with fast moves I have brief artefacts. Is this a known issue?

    Sebastiii, now I have only the problem when I switch on my AV receiver, that the screen stays black. Without MP, Windows screen is coming back. For reactivating MP, I have to press windows key. Would it be possible to handle that as well?

    Do you need some more tests regarding madvr?

    Regards
    Markus
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Top Bottom