[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (8 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I can't see any power events in event log (system)?

EDIT: Moving issue to PM with Rick. Ignore here.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There's one from MPmain but that might also be the UI timeout (no user input):

Code:
    [2016-05-15 12:05:37,869] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE)
    [2016-05-15 12:05:37,870] [Log  ] [MPMain  ] [INFO ] - Main: The user activity timeout has elapsed with no interaction from the user

Does happen around the same time which makes me think it's related but could also be a coincidence.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    That is cool :) Though I have a Grado cartridge, so I expect it will add loads of buzzing :(
    Sound quality is prio one. (I'm using a Ortofon 2m red, and no I have not made any modifications to my player).

EDIT, sorry for off topic

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Just had a crash while starting an online video. It had been good (no atmolight) for a few hours with various content.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Bin V62 :)
    I hope it will fix some more issues :

On my side, those are the issue that i can't trigger anymore (for now lol) :

1- Playing 3D movie (as 2D) can't go back (X key) from fullscreen to GUI (to get the little window video preview).
    2- Stopping a video in Exclusive mode failed to get back to GUI.
    3- DefaultWideHD can trigger some issue (i'm pretty it can be trigger with other skin too) -> start TV from TV Home and go to TV Guide, the window video preview is in middle of the skin (can be the same issue with 4:3).
    4- Trying to load the call for OnVideoChanged / LoadSkin from MP main thread. This will avoid a lot of error in log :)
    5- GPU leak seems better after force OSDService callback to be destroyed on C++ side (shutdown)

On my PC starting directly a TV Channel, i have the the present queue staying at 4, i need to test that on my old laptop :)

Last edited:

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Seb,

Ive been using your build with MadVR for 2 weeks now.
    I have to say. AWESOME WORK !!!!!!!

Just wondering.
    I am currently still using v56. Is DVD playback sometims still an issue? Aspect ratio, menu function and more cpu/gpu load?
    I am just asking this. before I try to tilt every setting on my pc to try and fix it, while its a known issue. :)

I can post logs if you want to at night.
    again..Great work here!!! hope this makes it in next release. :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Made some more progress with AtmoLight madVR native support, it now queues frames in a background worker as before it could keep on pushing old frames that stacked up leading to crashes / delays with madVR.
    Seeing no delays or issues with Hyperion so far so looks very promising :) , as always this one is for testing only and not backwards compatible with non-madVR Mediaportal builds.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.9.0_TESTING_V3.mpe1
      581.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Seb,

Just wondering.
    I am currently still using v56. Is DVD playback sometims still an issue? Aspect ratio, menu function and more cpu/gpu load?
    I am just asking this. before I try to tilt every setting on my pc to try and fix it, while its a known issue. :)

I didn't test the DVD side, so right now, i have no clue if it works correctly, but you will tell use that :) :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Made some more progress with AtmoLight madVR native support, it now queues frames in a background worker as before it could keep on pushing old frames that stacked up leading to crashes / delays with madVR.
    Seeing no delays or issues with Hyperion so far so looks very promising :) , as always this one is for testing only and not backwards compatible with non-madVR Mediaportal builds.

Nice nice :) that's a good idea :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Seb,

Just wondering.

I didn't test the DVD side, so right now, i have no clue if it works correctly, but you will tell use that :) :)
    I'm not getting great results with all DVDs, but it's hard to say it's madVR when they play up in EVR too. What is it with DVD Navigators?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom