Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Let's try :)

The diff between V75 and V77 is :
    - GUILayer change (but pretty sure is not the cause)

Ok
    Here I go.

I'm afraid there was something wrong on V77 installer.

Installer plus V77 2Gb zip has greatly improved. Here are my findings

4K is really more stable than before (similar to v75). No crash at all, although stopped responding once after changing from one H265 to another H265 without stopping. Playback of 4k 264 is perfect.

But TV crashed several times on channel change.

here are my logs
    On my last tv crash I manually stooped tv server because tuned channel was still on time shift with mp crashed

Yep when it crash, timeshift can stay alive on server side lol.
    It seems that it has freezed for OSDServices set to null :) so no LAVVideo it seems :)

Does it crash with MP crash on screen or it freeze and you need to kill it ?

We need to be ok on wording lol :) because it's not easy :D

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Let's try :)

The diff between V75 and V77 is :
    - GUILayer change (but pretty sure is not the cause)

Ok
    Here I go.

I'm afraid there was something wrong on V77 installer.

Installer plus V77 2Gb zip has greatly improved. Here are my findings

4K is really more stable than before (similar to v75). No crash at all, although stopped responding once after changing from one H265 to another H265 without stopping. Playback of 4k 264 is perfect.

But TV crashed several times on channel change.

here are my logs
    On my last tv crash I manually stooped tv server because tuned channel was still on time shift with mp crashed

Yep when it crash, timeshift can stay alive on server side lol.
    It seems that it has freezed for OSDServices set to null :) so no LAVVideo it seems :)

Does it crash with MP crash on screen or it freeze and you need to kill it ?

We need to be ok on wording lol :) because it's not easy :D
    Mp stop responding
    With the 'waiting' symbol freeze. Just in case opened tv server and saw the channel tuned.
    I stopped tv server, just in case mp was waiting for something... But no. Simply MP stopped responding and I manually killed it. :mad:

Tv server never crashed since really long time ago.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok so this is why i have see in log, freezed when releasing to null OSDService :)
    We really need to fix that issue but it's random and maybe because of C# / C++ issue. Maybe i try to add back the release of OSDService on C# side and no on C++. I will surely try that soon :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here we go for V80 bin :)

So @Rick164 can you test the overlay dialog YES/NO etc. with this V80, i force to refresh on the very first frame all Layers type, this permit to init all GUIPropertyManager like Filename or text to display.

The other test is to set the OSDService release on C# side instead of C++, it means that we need to compare GPU RAM against previous version, maybe all will not be release, but i hope ii will release correctly and maybe close the issue (freeze) when changing channel for ex.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Keeps crashing for me :( madVR crash on TV start, or after a few zaps got the black screen with 'unable to create device' or something similar in top left. Will grab logs tomorrow.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I reverted core to v77+2gb and left it with daughter (now the ill one) this morning. It's been fine, though the channel zap issue can be random.

Once I get to the TV later I'll put v80 full back on and replicate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom