[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When it freeze are you able to create a freeze report ? (it depend of your setting - 'CTRL+F' for me) :p
    View attachment 179580
    OK will do I had not realised I could change the shortcut:rolleyes:, done now same as yours so I don't need to try and find a "break" on my de kb.:LOL:.
    Will give it a try with v102(y) thanks

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys, I am wondering what the benefits are of this version of MP using madvr. Will the quality be better? Will zapping go faster? Or are there other things why I should try this..

Will this also be officially part of Media portal at some time?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Redmi Note 3 met Tapatalk

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi guys, I am wondering what the benefits are of this version of MP using madvr. Will the quality be better? Will zapping go faster? Or are there other things why I should try this..

Will this also be officially part of Media portal at some time?

It's all about picture quality, framerate and 3d support :) MP should behave just as before in EVR mode but allow 3d blu ray frame packed files to play to your 3d television.

Check out madvr.com. Some may not care to leave EVR as that requires no config, others will want the best picture quality and be willing to tweak settings to get it :) The picture quality you can get from madVR when upscaling content (ie not your native panel res) is noticeably better than EVR.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Let's try with that :)

Just an update to say that since I installed v102 I have had no further freezes(y), looking good but given that v97 ran problem free for a long time we may not be out of the woods yet:unsure:.
    Very promissing so far though.:)

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi
    Testing v102

Here are my findigs.

TV. No channel Zap crash (as far as I jump my Ghost channels) I saw on first star an SD to HD (same IPTV Card) DXVA Procesing failed but only once.

3D MVC MKV perfect playback
    Only one minor thing (appeared few versions before); if I stop 3D video and start a new one within 2 to 3 seconds of stooping previous 3D video, the second video plays in 2D instead. So as far as I see, if MadVr is releasing the 3D mode and you start new 3D video, it plays 2D. If alow madVr to release 3D mode (more than 3secs), I can appreciate a tv mode change, the 3D plays fine.

4K (guau... :D here is a HUGE improvement)(y)(y)(y)
    H264 4K videos perfect
    H265 4k videos perfect (on my system only software decode assisted by GPU-CPU Intel hd4000)
    CPU used to be 100% and some frames dropped. Now 78% CPU!:eek: perfect Elysium video playback (FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! )

@Sebastiii Regarding Zap OSD I think may be related to the VFD side of MediaPortal (MiniDisplay). Even with watch dog first option my VDF plays and on channel change, wile TV shows the zap info, the VDF shows "TV/OSD de Zap" message. I think our zap problem must include the display VFD side of Mediaportal.
    I will disable MiniDisplay and test. lets see if still a lot of errors in log

Here is a freeze on first zap (sorry)

Second crash on zap from HD to SD, I get a MadVr report DXVA processing failed and lost deinterlace (then I intentionally changed to Ghost channel and freezed. MP killed.
    Lateron Ill try your ghost testing

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Sebastiii Regarding TV ZAP ghost channel, here is test

TvPlugin_TvZapOsd.zip

Ive installed (seems non need to version check disabled).

Zap crashed on first channel change.

Then intentionally changed to ghost channel and freezed.

test with Minidisplay disabled and watchdog first option

Edit Some additional information
    I'm not sure if ghost channel is related with madVr of in fact is an MP1.14 bug.
    I've made some aditional test.
    Auto reorganize channel group affected by Ghost.
    Ghost channel moved from place and appeared an additional one.
    Now I have one Ghostchannel at the end of the list (after last real channel) and another one in the middle. They freeze MP but a strange thing is that they loop the channel list. After the last channel, instead of zap to the first, it zap to the channel after the other ghost
    I try to get losgs but whatchdog founds an error on tvserver_gentle.config (file already exists and cant collec logs)

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's all about picture quality, framerate and 3d support :) MP should behave just as before in EVR mode but allow 3d blu ray frame packed files to play to your 3d television.

Check out madvr.com. Some may not care to leave EVR as that requires no config, others will want the best picture quality and be willing to tweak settings to get it :) The picture quality you can get from madVR when upscaling content (ie not your native panel res) is noticeably better than EVR.
    In that case, I will try it! Thanks for the response.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi
    Testing v102

Here are my findigs.

TV. No channel Zap crash (as far as I jump my Ghost channels) I saw on first star an SD to HD (same IPTV Card) DXVA Procesing failed but only once.

3D MVC MKV perfect playback
    Only one minor thing (appeared few versions before); if I stop 3D video and start a new one within 2 to 3 seconds of stooping previous 3D video, the second video plays in 2D instead. So as far as I see, if MadVr is releasing the 3D mode and you start new 3D video, it plays 2D. If alow madVr to release 3D mode (more than 3secs), I can appreciate a tv mode change, the 3D plays fine.

4K (guau... :D here is a HUGE improvement)(y)(y)(y)
    H264 4K videos perfect
    H265 4k videos perfect (on my system only software decode assisted by GPU-CPU Intel hd4000)
    CPU used to be 100% and some frames dropped. Now 78% CPU!:eek: perfect Elysium video playback (FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! )

@Sebastiii Regarding Zap OSD I think may be related to the VFD side of MediaPortal (MiniDisplay). Even with watch dog first option my VDF plays and on channel change, wile TV shows the zap info, the VDF shows "TV/OSD de Zap" message. I think our zap problem must include the display VFD side of Mediaportal.
    I will disable MiniDisplay and test. lets see if still a lot of errors in log

Here is a freeze on first zap (sorry)

Second crash on zap from HD to SD, I get a MadVr report DXVA processing failed and lost deinterlace (then I intentionally changed to Ghost channel and freezed. MP killed.
    Lateron Ill try your ghost testing

Good and again Null reference exception, i really need to reproduce it to try to see what happen in live :)

Code:
    [2016-06-07 11:44:27,277] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - OnMessage exception:System.NullReferenceException: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
       en TvPlugin.TvZapOsd.ShowPrograms()
       en TvPlugin.TvZapOsd.SetCurrentChannelLogo()
       en TvPlugin.TvZapOsd.OnPageLoad()

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii Regarding TV ZAP ghost channel, here is test

TvPlugin_TvZapOsd.zip

Ive installed (seems non need to version check disabled).

Zap crashed on first channel change.

Then intentionally changed to ghost channel and freezed.

test with Minidisplay disabled and watchdog first option

Edit Some additional information
    I'm not sure if ghost channel is related with madVr of in fact is an MP1.14 bug.
    I've made some aditional test.
    Auto reorganize channel group affected by Ghost.
    Ghost channel moved from place and appeared an additional one.
    Now I have one Ghostchannel at the end of the list (after last real channel) and another one in the middle. They freeze MP but a strange thing is that they loop the channel list. After the last channel, instead of zap to the first, it zap to the channel after the other ghost
    I try to get losgs but whatchdog founds an error on tvserver_gentle.config (file already exists and cant collec logs)

When it freeze are you able to generate the freeze report from madvr ? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom