[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (2 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi guys, i've tried to reproduce ya bugs a bit.
    first the lav tray icon frezze: no problems on my clients with lav nightly 69-2 or -3 and even not with my htpc with lav 69 but I had to disable the centarea remote control at my htpc to get the settings window displayed, maybe disable it works for you too @joecrow
    Screenshot (121).png Screenshot (255).png

next the weatherlite defhd problem: that seems unchanged (also with the extra core files). mepo on english and the mini-display appears (uk and us also work) but it is not with any other language which I had tested....
    15-01-07.png 15-00-16.png

@wizard123 nice apollo theme thanks again.
    but i noticed two minor overlaps with it, if rss enabled and at the on/off button with the mini video preview playing on top
    Screenshot (258).png

and last but not least @Sebastiii i attached you a video with how my htpc (on v290) behave/misbehave :LOL:
    it contains a short 2d usage (~1.00) and 3d without stopping in between -> the madvr fse error is around~2:30

cheers

Attachments

• sd_hd-3d_3d.zip
      96.9 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    first the lav tray icon frezze: no problems on my clients with lav nightly 69-2 or -3 and even not with my htpc with lav 69 but I had to disable the centarea remote control at my htpc to get the settings window displayed, maybe disable it works for you too @joecrow
    View attachment 187802 View attachment 187805
    @daWooky I have never needed to disable the centarea remote control to get the LAV settings to display, what I did to cause the problem with v290 was toggle from fullscreen to windowed mode select tv and play something, then double click the LAV video icon on the tray at which point the video playback freezes although the audio continues with occaisional breaks, and I need to use the Task Manager to kill MP. Can you confirm that is what you tried? When I do the same with v281 which I'm currently running it all works OK but it also works OK on my Desktop PC with v290, so maybe something went wrong with the install on my HTPC, I will try again in a couple of days when I'm happy I am not seeing the crash on resume from sleep problem, which also seemed to reappear with v290.:(

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've mentioned it because i did not need it before as well. but when i tried it on the htpc, nothing was displayed to me.
    only after i had switched off the remote control there was the window again...
    usually i leave lav settings as they are, only after upgrades i enable copy-back again.
    and to be honest, i find the tray icons pretty pointless because in order to take over a change of lav settings one has to restart the playback anyway.
    just my two cents...
    Can you confirm that is what you tried?
    yep, not exactly but it was pretty similar on the client. but no matter, tried it again quickly (and this time just as you) even with crappy german hevc tv
    no freeze, only a short frame drop if the focus change, nothing terrible...

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I recently upgraded to MP 1.16 pre-release because I'm keen to test the madVR element. So far, I find the MP client more unstable and I get a black screen when I play TV recordings. I can see that @Sebastiii has been working hard to improve the madVR implementation with v290 currently on the first page, so it would make sense to install this build prior to carrying out any further testing. My question is, if I install this latest test build, can I still upgrade to MP 1.16 when it is released (rather than a fresh install)? Thanks

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :) yes you will be able to upgrade to 1.16 Final :)
    So yes this build is more recent than 1.16 Pre and need some feed back to have this build ready for 1.17 Pre-release.

Snoopy87

Portal Pro
    August 12, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Am I the only person where EVERY (!) day at 8 pm (first day was 7:59pm, next day 8:00 pm, then 8:01 pm, and so on) window becomes black?

As said, this only happens with madVR and never ever with EVR. In general my HTPC is running from ca. 6pm to 10 pm. At weekend also in the morning, afternoon, etc. But the issue only happens around 8pm.

How can we debug and fix this issue?

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i meant a full watchdog log :p
    the WM_DISPLAYCHANGE message is sent when the display resolution changes, but why that happened without full logs is hard to guess.
    my blind guess is that something running in the back (antivir, updates...) steals your window focus and maybe try with mepo always on top... :whistle:

good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom