[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, like i have taken your MediaPortal.xml, it activated my disable plugins :p
    So Auto3D plugins somehow when 'Disable low latency' in not checked lead to flickering OSD lol.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sebastiii what could lead to a driver crash with MP but not with MPC-HC? And only with D3D11.

Maybe it is related to how is created the graphbuilder in C#, does EVR crash too with D3D11 and MP ?

So i'm not sure it's 100% Auto3D plugin related (for sure when it's enable it generate the flickering but comment out the code needed for atmolight on C++ call will also stop the flickering !)
    So maybe on my system Auto3D create some kind a little delay but the root of cause is the RenderFrame method.
    I'm thinking to disable it when atmolight is not enable on frame grabber.

Are we ok about that, to have ambilight system running, only atmolight plugin is needed ?
    Thanks.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Not sure if it help :
    Games not working due to the file "atiumdva.dll" - FIXED :: Team AMD

I already installed those drivers. I updated the drivers after I installed Windows 10. The problem still remains...

Edit: (16/08/2015) I fixed the problem! Basicaly, there were many atiumdva.dll files on my PC. Basically what I did was delete the atuimdva.dll file that was modified on the day before the game started crashing. That was the file which was causing the crashes, but I never wanted to delete before because it might cause some problems. But this worked, and now I am able to play Mount and Blade Warband with no problems. Thnx for your attention, BDK. :)

This is so strange lol, maybe C# use another one dll compared to mpc-hc ?

Ah also MPC-HC is the 32 bits version ?
    Thanks.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Crashing with EVR too.

Regarding ambilight running only when atmolight plugin is needed, I am not sure I understand what u mean. I don't use atmolight outside of movie watching but I am sure some people are capturing GUI too, although I am not sure it works @Rick164 knows better.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep next step will be to ask @Rick164 :p

So basically, i will need to know if guy use or not ambilight system (so checking can be done by a plugin verification), like this we can tell to madVR code to not handle the code part that grab and push the D3D surface, it will save render timing :p and maybe most of flickering issue (not 100% sure).

Back to the crash, so EVR too and then not related to madVR :p
    It crash when it try to connect all filter in graph, so it can be C# or C++ root of issue (but linked to badly driver) or 32bits app :)

MP does that, create directshow filter, put all needed filter and render all pin output (source filter) / Codec Audio/Video).
    I don't know how MPC-HC does but it does in C++ lol so it can be the culprit lol.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok to make it easier to see I tried to play a video file since it is crashing there too, no need to read though bunch of TV code :)

1st try was with EVR amd 2nd was with madvr. Both crashed.

Attachments

• EVR.zip
      151.8 KB
    • MADVR.zip
      151.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom