Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Guys :)

V330 in first post :)
    - Preparing Frame grabber (Auto3D) and fix memory leak for screenshot when using madVR (fix on madVR side in the future next version)
    - Fix subtitle delay (setting was reinitialized when D3D subtitle device was set for madVR)
    - Disable Core CC parser for madVR
    - For now only Screenshot feature will use the new madVR code (the GrabFrame code in there but no enable because it trigger performance issue)

So Atmolight/ambilight should work as before (only when D3D9 is used).
    Screenshot can be done for all kind of mode (leak is fixed on MP side and the one from madVR will be in the next future version).

@daWooky the Auto3D detection works if there is no madVR stats on screen and when using D3D9 :p later when performance issue will be fixed, it will work for all kind of settings (even with madVR stat on screen).

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Guys :)

V330 in first post :)
    Hi @sebastii.
    Its been long I don't test MadVr versions. Unfortunately, since finals versions for me its been almost unusable. 99% of the time, GUI is not visible. I have a lot of Windows crashses (not only MP) and I'm not able to use it.

Yesterday I tried again (you'll see lots of crashes( after several Nvidia drivers test (I went back to 382 05) and LAV filters (im on 0.70.2.67) Im able to more or less see something. Most of the time no GUI, unless video or tv in SD resolution, then it may appear GUI from time to time.
    Here is a MadVr error message on ZAP from SD to HD channel. MP closed by it self and logs created. Whatchdog on Option1.
    Crash at 1648.
    Nvidia 1050 2gb LP in use.

I'm on holidays so am ready for testing or anydesk...

Cheers!

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can also confirm that having the MadVr status in view causes a really high posibility of having problems with the GUI.
    EDIT (I correct my self) TV zap Tests today shown that having "Store custom pixel shader" plus "Use 10bit image buffer instead 16bit" see shown in the attached image (in trade performance for quallity), really, REALLY helps on having the GUI on view almost 99% of the time. And if I have the Status in view (or any other image like MAdVR control pannel) , will brake and cause a problems and GUI gets missing. On channel stop and restart it goes on again. Weird...

Attachments

• Trade quality.jpg
      Trade quality.jpg
      329.1 KB
    Last edited:

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Is it possible to play with madVR's "when and how shall the GPU be flushed" rendering settings to try and avoid problems like this one?
    I understand that you'll loose madVR's OSD if you change one of those settings (don't remember which one), but if it can give better rendering with MP it may be worth it? Unfortunately I don't understand that much about rendering to know what to try.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi guys :)

@alexdepalma :p thanks for the log :p
    So for me the MP GUI not visible it because of settings in madVR and more this one : (if it's set to Error / option 1 or 2) no MP GUI.
    upload_2017-10-1_18-56-12.png

Would you mine to test the default madVR settings ? (reset to default ?)
    Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma :p

Yep you have : Main: GPU_HUNG - Error en la aplicación in log and for sure, MP will not recover from this, only a MP restart is possible.
    So GPU failed somehow (madVR settings or GPU drivers), i remember that @Helios61 has issue also with latest Intel GPU (same message etc.)
    madVR talk directly to GPU driver with API so maybe some drivers are not ok :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma :p

Yep you have : Main: GPU_HUNG - Error en la aplicación in log and for sure, MP will not recover from this, only a MP restart is possible.
    So GPU failed somehow (madVR settings or GPU drivers), i remember that @Helios61 has issue also with latest Intel GPU (same message etc.)
    madVR talk directly to GPU driver with API so maybe some drivers are not ok :(

@alexdepalma event system logs is full of error for : nvlddmkm

For sure there is something wrong :(

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi guys :)

@alexdepalma :p thanks for the log :p
    So for me the MP GUI not visible it because of settings in madVR and more this one : (if it's set to Error / option 1 or 2) no MP GUI.

Would you mine to test the default madVR settings ? (reset to default ?)
    Thanks.

That was already my setup
    Will try full reset tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom