alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    @Sebastiii
    Many thanks!
    may be the change can by an implemented option in Auto3D and always if video is SBS or TAB, call a 1080p resolution on Windows without any furder video analysis. Simply if the Auto3D detects a SBS or TAB video call 1080p. the return on video stop may be more complicated...

the core is the same as full installer 351?

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    framepacked too :):p
    Frame packet is already working as far as the resolution is set in MadVr setting and the return to previous resolution is working if MadVr option Restore original display mode... is active plus 'When media player is closed.'
    With my NVIDIA is working. Some times in clone mode may fail it the Primary display is a non 3D framepacked display.
    Some times on Nvidia driver update, I need to make the Nvidia 3D test proces to activate both 3D frame packed resolutions 720p and 1080p in windows. if they are on view, then change is automatic and works fine.

Attachments

• Display modes.jpg
      Display modes.jpg
      452.1 KB
    Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii
    Many thanks!
    may be the change can by an implemented option in Auto3D and always if video is SBS or TAB, call a 1080p resolution on Windows without any furder video analysis. Simply if the Auto3D detects a SBS or TAB video call 1080p. the return on video stop may be more complicated...

Yes V351 in first post is the same as the dll :p

Can you post a log (fresh one) with a test on the same you are trying to play ? :)
    If we use MP DRR, maybe it's possible to add such hack and i'm not sure it is but maybe , this can't be done from madVR DRR, madVR itself analyse the video and change the Refresh rate and based on the resolution supplied by the video information.

But what you can try is to script that with a external tool that start a video resolution change still we can have different video SBS or TAB with different refresh rate so the changed resolution to 1080p need also the correct refresh rate value :p

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Frame packet is already working as far as the resolution is set in MadVr setting and the return to previous resolution is working if MadVr option Restore original display mode... is active plus 'When media player is closed.'
    With my NVIDIA is working. Some times in clone mode may fail it the Primary display is a non 3D framepacked display.
    Some times on Nvidia driver update, I need to make the Nvidia 3D test proces to activate both 3D frame packed resolutions 720p and 1080p in windows. if they are on view, then change is automatic and works fine.

For @Helios61 it's a little different, it seems we are working around the 3D Frame packed this morning lol.
    The result (tell me if i'm wrong) :
    1- Need to use Internal MP refresh rate (to be able to switch to 1080p with the correct DRR)
    2- Set madVR to use 3D but not to switch Windows 3D settings ON/OFF)
    3- The TV will auto detect that madVR act like SBS but in fact give a 3D frame packed :)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Sebastiii
    Many thanks!

That should be easily doable with madvr profiles and file path or and filename strings. E.g. if the name contains 3d then profile with only non 4k resolutions...

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @alexdepalma :p
    Can you try the attached bin (for now i force a refresh rate to 1920x1080 resolution) ?
    So you need to setup like this :

Enable Internal MP and Force refresh option ( don't use my Refresh rate value, this is wrong for HTPC, i'm using those value for testing on DEV and not related to this WIP).
    upload_2017-10-22_15-53-2.png

then :
    Check : 'Use internal refresh rate'

upload_2017-10-22_15-53-56.png

And to finish, disable madVR refresh rate settings :

upload_2017-10-22_15-55-2.png

Before using attached bin (backup current one) :p

So what is the result of this ?

When starting a video and SBS or TAB is detected, i'm forcing a DRR with hard coded value for now to 1080p by using internal MP refresh rate.
    It should restore original resolution if you have checked the option :p

Now if it works, try along with madVR refresh rate to see what happen and if it continue to work or not lol.

Then if it's ok, i surely be able to remove hardcoded value (because with the bin, the hardcoded are for all DRR even no 3D video) to be able to force to 1080p only for SBS or TAB.

And of course if someone else can try :p

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Guys :)

For the one that want to test, attached is a rework to change resolution to 1080p based on movie FPS when SBS or TAB is detected.
    I need report regression testing if it doesn't break EVR DRR :)

Here we go with V352 :p
    So with this one (need test with the different value), normally, it should works even Internal MP DRR off and/or with DRR MP internal disable too, i'm using the code to force the refresh (like can't be done on madVR side except maybe by script like explain @daWooky :p) and bypass the setting from MP. But i force the DRR only when it's SBS or TAB (to 1080p)

So let see if it works for you @alexdepalma but it's big hack :)

Ps : Previous bin force a 1080p based on fps too but not sure that it goes to the previous resolution.

Full installer in first post too :p

Last edited:

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Guys :)

Here we go with V352 :p
    Full installer in first post too :p

Here is the test.
    On TAB the 1080P mode is called and works properly. Auto3D sends event to event ghost and projector changes to TAB.
    On SBS its not working, although Auto3D detects the video as Side by Side, actually doesn't change anything. The MP GUI doesn't change to SBS. And event is not sent to eventghost either. Also I have tests de 352 core from full installer and SBS is NOT working neither. Properly detected but GUI 2D. So problem seems to be in different part. Manually selecting SBS on Ctrl+D menu the GUI goes SBS but no event sent to eventghost.

In both cases resolution is changed to 1080P but on video stop, they don't return to 4k.

Also I have noticed the Framepacked is no longer working video goes to 1080p but not the 1080p 3D framepaked windows mode. Seems we need Madvr mode switching for that. May be a solution is to change TAB or SBS instead of 1080, to 1080 3D.
    Continue on testing....

Maybe the solution for returning to 4K is add new mode in DRR "Use default refresh rate:" "4K"
    Good work!

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    :)
    Thanks for testing.

THere is no mode 1080 3D to set, it's auto done between LAV and madVR but maybe the DRR involved break it :(
    Normally it should not needed to put back 4K in drr because i backup resolution and use that backup value to restore it but somehow it seems to not working.
    Can you add logs ?

Here it come back to ,ative resolution (from the backup value) on my test but i don't have 4k.

My test was done like this :
    1- Set Windows resolution to 720p
    2- start MP and start SBS or TAB
    3- It should change resolution to 1080p
    4- it return to 720p

All works like this here, i need to test Frame packed tomorrow to confirm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom