[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (4 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

The best will be the same MP version on different case to rules out where is the culprit lol :p
    It seems that togglescreen windowed / fullscreen (fast enough when start playing a sample stay en alt+enter for maybe 30s to 1minute) then stop and start to renderstats ('!' key) and after a while -> D3D null reference exception.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    can't reproduce it either... all versions that i have tested resulted in blackscreens with reboot or even a full frezze after tv.
    i'll try it once again with a good old 1607 anniversary image, before i update on the new bullshit bingo flight :LOL::p

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am on the
    • latest Win 10 creators update (Fall Update)
    • latest version of MP in first Post
    • latest MadVR
    • Nvidia drivers last version (have not installed the newest Spectre/Meltdown fixed one)
    Let me know if i can be of any help testing something! :)

The only that does not seem to be working for me is 3D in windowed mode and HDR files do not play correctly any more (starts with a lot of stutter and blackscreen, after a while the video will play but the TV does not switch to HDR )

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Lots of testing today in the hope of getting a base fully functional MP on my Desktop (with FCU and latest (17.12.2 AMD vid. drivers). Testing with TV, OV and HD vids (including the 4K Elysium demo) mostly in windowed mode with the occaisional toggle to fullscreen and back:-
    1) MP 1.8 Final- No Madvr crashes, just a single incident of a partial hang while navigating (kind of a 15sec hiccup) but no crash (Madvr or MP) which cleared and continued OK. Same test type on my HTPC (MP 1.18 Final, Win 10, 1703 with a slightly older 17.11.2 AMD vid. driver) all 100% OK.
    2) MP 1.19 pre- On my Desktop PC, same tests, Madvr crashes quite quickly.
    3) V9 based on earlier testing I thought this was OK but sadly after a very long time this also gave a Madvr crash.:(
    Reran 2&3 with an old AMD driver (17.7.2), with same result.
    4) v430 after new install of AMD 17.12.1 driver, failed quite quickly. I then enabled the FCU workarround and have had no problems since.:p Not sure if this gives a clue as to what is happening, I will continue testing and get back if I do get further problems.

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks seb,
    here are some logs from yesterday on the previous version
    damn strange.. it worked for hours but then on next start or stop a fullreset or freeze or....
    IMAG0921.jpg
    also available in a green and with nvidia dll....:LOL:

Attachments

• insider MediaPortalLogs_12_01_18__14_52.zip
      231.1 KB
    • annivers blackscreen firstrun nv wupdate driver °°.zip
      32.9 KB
    • annivers MediaPortalLogs_13_01_18__00_40.zip
      263.3 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for logs :)
    Will look more in detail but the BSOD can happen on my side with exclusive mode at least on DEV PC it happen so much that i didn't try it anymore but i was also able to reproduce it with mpc-hc so it's a bug in nvidia + windows i think.

The annivers MediaPortalLogs_13_01_18__00_40.zip was with the latest installer ? (from the previous post V431) ?
    I have also updated the first post with V433 because i have noticed a freeze when doing pause so added something and i wasn't able to reproduce it lol :p

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    thanks seb,
    here are some logs from yesterday on the previous version
    damn strange.. it worked for hours but then on next start or stop a fullreset or freeze or....
    View attachment 195385
    also available in a green and with nvidia dll....:LOL:
    Hi daWooky, I only get BSOD on 390 version NVIDIA driver, yesterday I removed this with DDU and let WU install 388.71. There have been zero issues in latest MP since doing this, including this mornings Kid based OV hammering :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom