[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (2 Viewers)

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yep, a whole lot of them but no clue why.
    no recent changes on desktop client except the win1803 update. i'll try again tonight on the htpc, maybe i'll have more luck there:unsure:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The same vid plays without problem from Videos I think this is a quirk in TVS/Madvr we had it a while back if you remember on my HTPC and it seemed to be down to Madvr settings.
    OK found the setting that causes the problem see attached screenshot, changing to anything (well did not try every setiing :p) other than DXVA2 and the vids play problem free in TVS.:). Really don't understand it though, if it was the upscalling setting then OK but a 720 vid on a 1080 display being affected by the downscalling setting.o_O
    msdvr.jpg

daWooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey @Sebastiii, sorry i took this long, work was urgent this week..:p
    so after i get my network back on track i let v480 running without bizcore change on the htpc for several days without big problems but a appcrash occured...
    wasnt home when it occured and had no enthusiasm at that time, maybe a lav nightly 34 thing... so i update lav to 35 nightly and copied the biz core over and since then there were no crash anymore. also no mini scale tv starts seen the whle week and skip worked all times so far(y)(y)
    all seems running pretty nice again only some strange errors in the logs. they had no visible impact but i have no idea where the come from... may take a look at it.;)

Attachments

• v480def core.PNG
      v480def core.PNG
      42.5 KB
    • MediaPortal-Error.3.log
      3.2 KB

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi @Sebastiii

I've played a bit this afternoon with 481bis core and i didn't notice any issue so far.
    The black screen on videos start seems to be resolved. Also i didn't get any lock on tv stop.

Those results wihw win 1803 + amd driver 18.2.1.
    For amd users i want to add that amd 18.4.1, that should be written for win 1803, i lost lost hdr and freq switch. So i want to suggest to avoid these drivers.

Thank you, I'll you know if I get issues

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    OT: an update for amd drivers
    with 18.5.1 released in these days, HDR switch is lost again but i have the refresh changer working (so slightly better than 18.4.1) .

And still netflix is not 4k :(

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found what causes the issue but its strange cause it was definitely not the case a few weeks before...its the HID Option.
    If "HID enable" is ticked the shortcuts are no more working if not short cuts are working and navigation is working but pause/stop and so on on my harmony is no more working....:mad:
    Second option is to use classic then short cuts are working play and pause is working but i cant navigate anymore (Harmony or keyboard both not):eek::eek:

View attachment 196381
    Hi guys,

i am still experiencing this annoying issue :mad:Does anyone have any idea what i could try?
    i cant get my remote control working correctly anymore with MP ... i could always map CTRL+J to a button on my harmony to show and hide madvr stats but meanwhile MP does not react to this shortcut anymore...using any other media player its working as it always did....:cry:
    hid.PNG

Btw: Remote is Harmony Elite and Receiver is FLIRC if that helps

Update: i got another hint i recognized that it is working when madvr is using fullscreen exclusive mode for 3D for example..not working for windowed mode...any idea?

Last edited:

rohnfe

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have no clue...any idea how i could test it ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Try alt+tab to switch to another windows (explorer for ex) and again alt+tab on MP, not sure it will regain focus but worth a try :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom