[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes you need to install separate installer from temp folder. I think I have explain it in first post :)

Tapatalk

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Sebastii,
    I tried to update to 1.20 Pre. Currently one of your test versions is running. The Installation says, that onle a new Installation is possible. Do you know, what I have to do, not to loose all my settings?
    Thanks
    Markus
    See post 1 (near the bottom) of this thread.:p

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I tried to update to 1.20 Pre. Currently one of your test versions is running. The Installation says, that onle a new Installation is possible. Do you know, what I have to do, not to loose all my settings?
    go in %temp% folder, and enter inside MediaPortal folder, and run MP setup from deploy folder.
    this will install MP ind "forced" mode.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hopefully a better question. Is madvr in the meanwhile also good for TV?
    Works well for me except it can't handle the D3D11 Hardware Decoder if selected (available in the latest nightly versions) in LAV Filters. Plays OK but has a channel changing problem, all the other available hardware decoders should work fine if compatible with your GPU.
    @azzuro Surprised you say it is not recommended for TV given the default settings enable it for TV and it seems to work well particularly if upscaling is required.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Works well for me except it can't handle the D3D11 Hardware Decoder if selected (available in the latest nightly versions) in LAV Filters. Plays OK but has a channel changing problem, all the other available decoders decoders should work fine if compatible with your GPU.
    @azzuro Surprised you say it is not recommended for TV given the default settings enable it for TV and it seems to work well particularly if upscaling is required.
    Hello joecrow.
    On madvr choice, you can enable evr for tv. This solution was added because madvr was not stable for few system.
    And second thing, all decoder / transmitter made for play tv, was created/tested using evr.
    Was only an recommendation, but if madvr work fine for you. Use it!

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    for me it's not recommended, but you can try.
    For me is absolutely recommended since many months a go.
    as far as you have a 4GB video card. with only 2GB, I was having problems.With 4GB is perfect!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom