[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (10 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yes more or less I didn't add new code newer than v488 :) so that's good you notice something not correct because it showed up an old wrong logic fixed on 488. [emoji14]

Tapatalk

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2009
    in den Alpen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good morning Seb,
    I have the 488 installed.
    For 1080p movies switching works well.

For UHD / HDR movies, MP switches to 24 Hz, if the movie is stopped quickly, or fast-forward and rewind, and then stops, MP does not switch to the standard Hz 50/60.
    When TV is then started, MP switches back to the correct Hz 50.

You had tested, I believe 1080p movies that work.

Can it be that a delay in the script, etc. is present when switching to UHD?

Otherwise MP runs fine, logs attached.
    Greetings Dirk

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_09_10_18__09_27.zip
      386.4 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    So it's like madVR didn't detect the fullscreen leaving and then didn't restore original start rate :(
    But happen to know that switch to 50Hz is working :p

Will analyse logs :p

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the problems I was having with 3D playback her[WiP] - madVR support in MP1e (bottom of the page), today I have updated madvr from 92.16 to 92.17 ans Lav from 72.1 to 73.1 and have installed the latest amd vid. driver (18.10.1). With a quick test, so far everything looks good on my HPC (1.20 final), possibly better as the intermittent failure of the refresh rate not returning to the default 50hz and staying at 23hz on stopping a 3D vid seems to be gone.:). Not sure what has fixed what but very pleased.:p

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2009
    in den Alpen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everyone,

Now I had time to test the PreVersion.
    Switching between HD MadVR and TV on EVR with TV works perfectly. Even when stopping the movie, MP switches back to the standard resolution 50 or 60 Hz.
    With HDR-UHD the switching from live movie MadVR 24 Hz to TV 50 Hz works perfectly.
    However, if the HDR-UHD movie is stopped or rewound back and forth, switching to the standard resolution often does not work. The resolution then remains at 24/23 Hz.
    The error is only with UHD-HDR movies.
    Enclosed the logs .....

Thanks and Greetings
    Dirk

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_08_11_18__18_49.zip
      1,001.9 KB

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Just updated to 1.21 Pre too and I witnessed something weird: sometimes when starting playback I will see the first image of the video and then it will stop right away, and I have to start it again and then it starts playback correctly. This did not happen with 1.20 and updating to 1.21 Pre is the only thing I changed on my system.
    This does not always happen, and in fact it hasn't happened yet since I switched the logging to debug to get some logs of it :rolleyes:.
    It happened with both TS and MKV/MP4 so seems not dependent on TV or not TV; and it also happened when resuming playback from the middle of a video, and in that case then MP forgets the point where playback was stopped the last time and the next time it doesn't ask to resume.

Anyone else encountered this?
    Software versions are LAV 0.73.1 in DXVA2 copy-back and madVR 0.92.17
    I hope I'll catch it with debug level logging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom