[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (5 Viewers)

grabi_2001

Portal Pro
May 8, 2009
in den Alpen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Good morning Sebastiii,

with EVR it works with HDR, it only affects movies with UHD / HDR.
Enclosed Logs_MadVR and Logs_EVR
With MadVR, the MP surface is small and is in the upper left half of the screen, see picture.
With the Nvidia driver 419.35 everything works, not with the new driver.
The very latest driver is to fix an HDR error:
AMD, Intel and Nvidia driver issues and last recommended version - Page 9 - Doom9's Forum
greetings
Dirk

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_26_04_19__08_16_EVR.zip
    2.5 MB
  • MediaPortalLogs_26_04_19__08_21_MadVR.zip
    2.6 MB

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi everyone

I'm detecting a little problem with MadVR in MePo: HDR passtrough does not work, playing mkv 4k h265 with HDR the colors are flat and the HDR logo does not appear on the TV.

Trying the same videos with MPC-HC with MadVR with the same settings, everything works properly and the HDR logo appears on the TV.

In both cases I use LAV filters v0.74.1 and MadVR v0.92.17.

My system is with APU AMD 2400G.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Thank you all for your help.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi everyone

I'm detecting a little problem with MadVR in MePo: HDR passtrough does not work, playing mkv 4k h265 with HDR the colors are flat and the HDR logo does not appear on the TV.

Trying the same videos with MPC-HC with MadVR with the same settings, everything works properly and the HDR logo appears on the TV.

In both cases I use LAV filters v0.74.1 and MadVR v0.92.17.

My system is with APU AMD 2400G.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Thank you all for your help.

i can't suggest anything specific sorry, here with rx460 (driver 19.5.2) HDR switch is working ok, generally speaking i know that with amd cards it works ONLY if the desktop bitdepth is set on 10 or 12 bit (don't know if it is only on MP or also for other players).
    Have you already tried to remove amd drivers with DDU and reinstall them from scratch, in the past when i had HDR switching problems , i resolved in this way.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Given that I would not think the problem lies with the amd gpu driver, looks more like an MP issue.

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    i can't suggest anything specific sorry, here with rx460 (driver 19.5.2) HDR switch is working ok, generally speaking i know that with amd cards it works ONLY if the desktop bitdepth is set on 10 or 12 bit (don't know if it is only on MP or also for other players).
    Have you already tried to remove amd drivers with DDU and reinstall them from scratch, in the past when i had HDR switching problems , i resolved in this way.

Thanks for the reply

I've already tried cleaning up with DDU before installing the AMD drivers. What I do notice is that these drivers are still "young" and not very stable.
    The version I'm currently using is 19.5.1.

As for the bitdepth desktop, I normally set it to 8 bits with Full RGB and 60Hz, but I noticed that MPC-HC + MADVR automatically switched to 10 bit (and 23Hz) at the start of the video.
    I had seen that to manually set 10 bits I also have to set YCbCr 4:2:0 (at 60Hz) for the HDMI 2.0 band limits.

As soon as I have time I will try with Mepo to set the bitdepth fixed at 10 bits, then I'll let you know.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    For testing, can you try to disable refresh rate changer in MP and/or in madvr. [emoji106]

Tapatalk

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    For testing, can you try to disable refresh rate changer in MP and/or in madvr. [emoji106]

Tapatalk

OK thanks,

so far in my tests with madvr, i had disabled the refresh rate changer in MePo and enabled in MadVR, but I will try to re-enable in mepo and not in madvr

I keep you updated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom