[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (7 Viewers)

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    i can't suggest anything specific sorry, here with rx460 (driver 19.5.2) HDR switch is working ok, generally speaking i know that with amd cards it works ONLY if the desktop bitdepth is set on 10 or 12 bit (don't know if it is only on MP or also for other players).
    Have you already tried to remove amd drivers with DDU and reinstall them from scratch, in the past when i had HDR switching problems , i resolved in this way.

I tried to set the bitdepth desktop to 10 bit before run MePo, but it doesn't change anything: HDR passtrough doesn't work.

For testing, can you try to disable refresh rate changer in MP and/or in madvr. [emoji106]

Tapatalk

I also tried to disable the refresh rate changer in MadVR and enable the internal in MePo, even here nothing has changed.. :(

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi, and disabled for both is the same too?
    Can you supply logs in debug level but I'm not sure I will be able to do anything :( I don't have HDR here :(

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I tried disabling the refresh rate changer on both sides, again with bitdepth desktop at 10 bit, but HDR passtrough still doesn't work.

I tried again with MPC_HC with the same conditions and it works.

Attached the logs with verbosity set to "debug", recorded by starting mepo with titan skin, starting the video 4k hdr, stopping it after a while.

In a few days I'll try again after updating the AMD video drivers to 19.5.2 (instead of 19.5.1), but I think if there were problems in driver, it wouldn't work even with MPC.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_05_06_19__19_47.zip
      1.7 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Don't see wrong thing in log except the error related to MiniDisplay.
    Are you able to disable it or remove it for testing?
    Thanks.

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi :)
    Don't see wrong thing in log except the error related to MiniDisplay.
    Are you able to disable it or remove it for testing?
    Thanks.

The error is derived from the fact that iMon was launched from my script with elevated rights (administrator) at boot and, with these conditions, the MePo plugin does not hook it.

I solved this problem by starting imon normally.
    Now the only error logged is: MiniDisplay:Error while loading driver C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\LCDDrivers\LCD2USB.dll

Thanks

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi everyone

I updated the AMD drivers for the GPU (19.6.2) and chipset (1.6.13.0400).

I tried again but I get the same behavior described above (HDR passtrough works with MPC-HC, not with MePo).

I attach the logs.

thank you all

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_22_06_19__21_44.zip
      1.8 MB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry for the long answer, no real clue :( I'm not much available lately and I can't test 4K setup here so can't reproduce :(

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello @Sebastiii
    i have an issue with madvr and pictures plugin, i can't play fine video files provided by camera, set EVR in setting all work fine, can you provide the same way than use evr on livetv with checkbox for video played inside picture section ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom