[WiP] madVR support in MP1 (6 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I dont know, try 1.24 Pre latest test version :)

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Marcus Venturi I gave read somewhere that some guys trick drivers install to manage to get 3D, but maybe it was working only fir older video card. I have a 1050 too and i didn't update drivers to keep 3D MVC working.

@ajs and @azzuro I'll need to make test lol.

Tapatalk

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Marcus Venturi I use an AMD GPU so can't say if the setting is better or worse for Nvidia but for the brief time that I owned a 1050Ti I had nothing but troubles with 3D, never got it working at all with PowerDVD, so no surprise they dropped it. AMD still support 3D, it just works no flakey setup required, you might want to consider an RX 570/580 which have a bit more power than the GTX 1050Ti and works well with Madvr also at the moment they seem to be reasonable priced. AMD GPUs are not without problems but 3D is not one of them, the new RX 5700 seems to be very buggy.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    My issue is not related to this settings, already unchecked. So not sure why it's happening lol

Tapatalk

alexdepalma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hey :)
    Thanks, I didn't remember why I added this.
    Hoping that there is information in wiki.
    For sure, I will test also to see if it fix it on my side too.

Tapatalk
    We found some problems on my setup (and others) during dev. going out of full screen and to full after, was allowing 3DMVC playback. I think its no longer needed. I never actually used as the madvr implementation went furder more stable.

Its not needed to play 3D MVC videos.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Something seems to have changed with Win 10 2004. I have set up Madvr to enable (default) or disable 3D playback using 2 profiles which can be toggled using my remote to turn off or on 3D when playing a 3DMVC. This worked perfectly with Win 10 1909 and MP 1.24 but now instead of switching off 3D I get a black screen with audio and eventually a windows hang/crash. After a reboot the 3D setting in Windows is on and various strange refresh rates may be set, (1.0 in one case). If I try the same with the vid playing in windowed mode rather than full screen it will switch 3D on or off once or twice but not reliably before crashing out of MP or Win 10.
    Any thoughts or suggestions? I note that it has been a long while since there were any Madvr updates and wonder if it has become incompatible with the latest Win 10, and ideas what is happening?
    I did try using a couple of older and non 2004 supporting vid drivers but no difference.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above I have tested using MPC-HC, it does not crash or go black screen but despite obviously doing something it does not switch off 3D, it remains enabled in Windows. On the other hand if I open Madvr setting during playback manually disable the "Enable stereo 3D playback" tick box it does stop playing in 3D and does reset the Win 10 setting. Not sure what is going on.:unsure:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)
    Didn't upgrade yet, but I fear something wrong going on windows side, but can't confirming it, I'm less active lately, busy on something else but maybe this will be fixed in win10 2004 patch ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only thing I can add is that on selecting the 3D off profile with MPC-HC the vid restarts from the beginning and I'm not sure it did that before, I felt sure it did a brief pause then continued on from the same place, maybe restarting the vid sets it back to 3D on. Not sure what happens in MP though with the black screen? and crash tough??
    I can go back to 1909 from an image backup relatively easily so will give that a try.

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, went back to Win 10 1909 and it works fine and can confirm it switches off 3D playback and after a short pause continues playing the vid in 2D, i.e. it does not restart the vid.
    There is only a .net framework update pending to the 2004 version, I'll try that and if no fix I will raise the issue in the Madvr forum on Doom 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom