Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi anyone beat this.

Fitted supplied batteries (Energizer Alkaline) August 2005, died 7.30am
    this morning. Used daily bar 3 weeks holiday.
    Me think not to bad :D

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    August last year sounds about right for me too but mines still going strong :)

Edit: Dam, just checked, that was December 2004 so thats wayyyyyy longer :p

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Mine hardly last at all.

I keep telling my flat mates not to use the remote to play tetris (the backilghting eats the batteries sooo fast) but they still do...

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If your MCE remote is no longer responding and the backlight is off, it might not be the battery

i found out that with my MCE remotes this happens sometimes.
    remove the battery, wait one hour, insert the batteries and its working again (last time happened 5 weeks ago) :shock:

no joke

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    infinityloop

Not when your not even getting 1volt out of it. it's Dead and gone to the great battery heaven, Right now it's time for the rechargeables. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thx, great resource! (and all the best the power button didn't do anything when I pressed it...:whistle:) It is certainly usefull and I'll dig into it later, but actually I was referring to what MP2 is supposed to do with the button presses, so I was looking for a list of keyboard shortcuts to see which ones "match" between MCE and...
    Thx, great resource! (and all the best the power button didn't do anything when I pressed it...:whistle:) It is certainly usefull...
    I hope somebody has a few pointers as to what I could try, before I do a support request with Hauppaughe. For hardware details on...
    Replies
    Views
    I am also trying to connect my harmony remote via FLIRC to MP2 but still encounter a problem when following your steps. When setting up a new device, harmony is asking for a device and a serial number. May I ask you, what exactly I should type in there?
    I am also trying to connect my harmony remote via FLIRC to MP2 but still encounter a problem when following your steps. When...
    Hi, Been using Flirc for a while and with recently adding a Harmony Hub + Harmony companion in the mix it has really become a nice...
    Replies
    Views
    I think it's just getting the key mappings right; if you've got anything working at all the IR receiver is probably correct (plus XBMC works). The easiest thing is to find where the mappings file lives (in ProgramData or the registry or wherever it is) and edit it by hand - the mapping GUI that comes with the remote is TERRIBLE
    I think it's just getting the key mappings right; if you've got anything working at all the IR receiver is probably correct (plus...
    Hi all, I have built a new HTPC with an internal IR receiver that came fitted within my Tendraw case...
    Replies
    Views
    There used to be, but I could not find it this time. I added the Microsoft Windows Media Center and it works as expected:-)
    There used to be, but I could not find it this time. I added the Microsoft Windows Media Center and it works as expected:-)
    The last five years I have used a harmony 555 set up as an Microsoft Windows Media Center and it has worked perfectly. To day my...
    Replies
    Views
    I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V receiver and a TV. No matter which of the 5 devices is selected, the volume up/volume down/mute buttons control the A/V receiver, the power button turns the TV on and off, and another button controls the...
    I have found JP1 compatible remotes to be ideal for this. I have a URC-7555 (5-in-1) and use it to control 5 source devices, an A/V...
    Good morning, For some time now, I've been happily using a standard MCE remote with Mediaportal and love it's functionality...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom