MCE Remote not working after reinstall (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Right, now we're finally cooking with gas - thank you.

So you definitely have a MCE-compatible receiver, and MediaPortal seems to be configured appropriately.

Thanks to the extended logging I can see that MediaPortal appears to be receiving button presses. Buttons such as stop, arrow keys, okay/enter/return, back/escape seem to be working. Even the number buttons which you said weren't working in the first post appear to be working. For example:
    [2017-03-23 19:19:41,231] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - HID Event, DOWN, Keyboard, Virtual Key: D1
    [2017-03-23 19:19:41,246] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - HID: try mapping virtual code 0x0031
    [2017-03-23 19:19:41,246] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Action: * / -1 / ACTION / 59
    [2017-03-23 19:19:41,246] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Executing: key 0 / 0 / Action: 59 / REMOTE_1

In short: I'm finding it hard to see a problem.

Can you give specific examples of buttons you tried and are convinced aren't working?
    For example, if you think the number buttons aren't working, can you give an example of how you're trying to use them, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens. I ask you to do this because I'm wondering if you're expecting MediaPortal to do something it doesn't do by default. In other words: I wonder if you forgot that you had customised the key mapping for your previous installation.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Right, now we're finally cooking with gas - thank you.

So you definitely have a MCE-compatible receiver, and MediaPortal seems to be configured appropriately.

Thanks to the extended logging I can see that MediaPortal appears to be receiving button presses. Buttons such as stop, arrow keys, okay/enter/return, back/escape seem to be working. Even the number buttons which you said weren't working in the first post appear to be working. For example:

In short: I'm finding it hard to see a problem.

Can you give specific examples of buttons you tried and are convinced aren't working?
    For example, if you think the number buttons aren't working, can you give an example of how you're trying to use them, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens. I ask you to do this because I'm wondering if you're expecting MediaPortal to do something it doesn't do by default. In other words: I wonder if you forgot that you had customised the key mapping for your previous installation.

I can't jum to specifit channel numbers en in EPG list. That worked before.
    I can't paus as it seems to pause and release directly. That worked before.
    When pushing back from watching a movie/TV-series/TV it jumps directly out to main menu instead of last menu I was at before.

This might be the skin though but as you see I'm using titan skin which is the default.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't jum to specifit channel numbers en in EPG list. That worked before.
    You mean changing channel by entering channel numbers?
    In the log file that seems to be working:
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,715] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - HID Event, DOWN, Keyboard, Virtual Key: D2
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,719] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - HID: try mapping virtual code 0x0032
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,724] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Action: WINDOW / 602 / ACTION / 93
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,728] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Executing: key 50 / 2 / Action: 93 / ACTION_KEY_PRESSED
    [2017-03-23 19:26:23,743] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - ChangeChannelNr()
    [2017-03-23 19:26:23,758] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - ChannelNavigator.ZapToChannel SVT2 - zapdelay False

In other words: you changed to channel SVT2 by pressing 2 on the remote control.
    So again, unless I've misunderstood (=> please explain in more detail :) ), I don't see the problem.

I can't paus as it seems to pause and release directly. That worked before.
    Try using the "classic" HID profile (the default) instead of "full" as you've currently selected.
    If that doesn't work, the reason is probably that the button is generating an HID command as well as a keyboard/media command.

@Stéphane Lenclud
    Would I be right to recommend removing the mapping if the button/receiver generates double commands, or...?

When pushing back from watching a movie/TV-series/TV it jumps directly out to main menu instead of last menu I was at before.
    Same advice as for the pause button.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    You mean changing channel by entering channel numbers?
    In the log file that seems to be working:
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,715] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - HID Event, DOWN, Keyboard, Virtual Key: D2
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,719] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - HID: try mapping virtual code 0x0032
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,724] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Action: WINDOW / 602 / ACTION / 93
    [2017-03-23 19:26:22,728] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Executing: key 50 / 2 / Action: 93 / ACTION_KEY_PRESSED
    [2017-03-23 19:26:23,743] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - ChangeChannelNr()
    [2017-03-23 19:26:23,758] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - ChannelNavigator.ZapToChannel SVT2 - zapdelay False

In other words: you changed to channel SVT2 by pressing 2 on the remote control.
    So again, unless I've misunderstood (=> please explain in more detail :) ), I don't see the problem.

It works when I have a channel chosen I'm watching but not in the EPG listing.

Try using the "classic" HID profile (the default) instead of "full" as you've currently selected.
    If that doesn't work, the reason is probably that the button is generating an HID command as well as a keyboard/media command.

I tried classic and then neighet keyboard or remote works at all. No buttons at all works.

@Stéphane Lenclud
    Would I be right to recommend removing the mapping if the button/receiver generates double commands, or...?

Same advice as for the pause button.
    I'm not sure what you mean there.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It works when I have a channel chosen I'm watching but not in the EPG listing.
    That's as expected. As far as I'm aware what you're describing has never worked in the EPG listing.

I tried classic and then neighet keyboard or remote works at all. No buttons at all works.
    I can't explain that. As far as I'm aware this should not cause keyboard and/or remote to completely stop working. Can't say anything more without log files.

I'm not sure what you mean there.
    First part was asking somebody else (a remote control expert) a question. You can ignore that.
    Second part was to suggest using the classic profile to try to fix the back button too.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    That's as expected. As far as I'm aware what you're describing has never worked in the EPG listing.

That has worked since I started using MP1 a long time ago. It worked up until I reinstalled the whole box.
    For example when I want to watch channel 35 I press 3 + 5 in the listing at it jumps there so I can see in the EPG list whats on there. instead of having to push up or down to go there.. It's a hazzle when you have over 100 channels in the list.

I can't explain that. As far as I'm aware this should not cause keyboard and/or remote to completely stop working. Can't say anything more without log files.

I'll get you those log files tonight. Or if you have time to remotely look at it yourself when I'm home and can use the remote. I have team viewer installed so that's an option.

First part was asking somebody else (a remote control expert) a question. You can ignore that.
    Second part was to suggest using the classic profile to try to fix the back button too.

I tried classic yesterday and then no HID device worked at all in MP. Had to use alt+f4 to close MP and go into configuration to change it to full again to get it working.
    I'm not sure what I had there before reinstalling or if that option even was there before or not. Can't tell..

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That has worked...
    Okay, I'll have to take your word for it.
    Let me put it this way: the function has not been intentionally removed, and nobody else has reported it broken.
    Does it work if you use a keyboard instead of the remote control?

I'll get you those log files tonight. Or if you have time to remotely look at it yourself when I'm home and can use the remote. I have team viewer installed so that's an option.
    I suspect you're somewhere on the opposite side of the world so a TeamViewer session will be tricky to organise. Let's stick with log files for now.
    P.S. I'm in New Zealand. It's now 1 AM on Saturday morning, and I'm about to go to bed.

I tried classic yesterday...
    Again, I'll have to take your word for it. Perhaps Stéphane will be able to clarify.

I'm not sure what I had there before reinstalling or if that option even was there before or not. Can't tell..
    I think the profile option was added in MP 1.15 PR or 1.15 final. The default is definitely classic.

dazpp

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Okay, I'll have to take your word for it.
    Let me put it this way: the function has not been intentionally removed, and nobody else has reported it broken.
    Does it work if you use a keyboard instead of the remote control?
    I don't think it's intentional at all. But changing something somewhere might break somewhere else. Nothing new there . That happens all the time coding big projects.

I suspect you're somewhere on the opposite side of the world so a TeamViewer session will be tricky to organise. Let's stick with log files for now.
    P.S. I'm in New Zealand. It's now 1 AM on Saturday morning, and I'm about to go to bed.

I'm in sweden so duing my morning it should be evening or so in NZ. IF you have time then I can fix so we can look at it together. As long as it is on a weekend when I don't work.

Again, I'll have to take your word for it. Perhaps Stéphane will be able to clarify.
    It usually works in any type of mediabox you use. Be it a DVB box you get from the network owner or something you build yourself. It's nothing new.

I think the profile option was added in MP 1.15 PR or 1.15 final. The default is definitely classic.

Might be therefor I don't remember seeing it then.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just tried this with normal keyboard and it down't work then either. It did before.
    I just tried it myself and it worked with MP 1.16 PR and a keyboard. I don't have a MCE remote to test with, so I can't test that... but at least you can now be sure that the function hasn't gone anywhere. I don't think it would matter, but I'm using the DefaultWideHD skin. One tip that might help you diagnose whatever's going on on your system: for me, the numbers I enter appear next to the first time on the time axis (circled in red in the screenshot below) as I start to enter them:
    upload_2017-3-25_9-16-46.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom