MCE Remote on XP Home (1 Viewer)

Parn

Portal Member
November 17, 2005
Darmstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
DON'T USE THIS DRIVER ON XP HOME!

I downloaded it in the egrman version...
worked all fine in the first moment!

But when I tried to rebott to check if the remote is working now...
my PC hung up...

corrupted System data...

needed a whole day to fix this!

And in the end the remote is still not working!

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    i have all the needed files for MCE remote with Xp home/pro in an archive. send me an pm or reply with your mail adress and i will send it to you

Kricke

Portal Member
    February 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MCE remote variants

Realy great, for the first time I got a life sign with my mce remote on my xp pro system. :D
    However just the direction keys and the ok key is working with the drivers :(
    I got my remote with a Happauge 1300 mce tv-card, does this mean that my remote is not fully compatible with the original mce remote?

/Kricke

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    honestly: i have no idea since i have in fact the original bundle. but if windows is reacting on the direction keys and the volume keys the device is properly installed (because these are the (only) buttons direct controlling the os AFAIK)

make sure that you select (and maybe configured) the MCE remote in the mediaportal configuration!

sutton

April 27, 2006
    I have tried the files for MCE remote with Xp home and it solves the problem with the MCE remote. However, the MCE remote keyboard only has the arrows keys and Ok key that work.

In my case, I'm using the original Microsoft eHome Ir receiver with MCE remote & MCE keyboard.

In the device manager/Keyboards, I can see the following items:
    - Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
    - Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard
    - Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard Keys
    - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

smnnekho, do you have the same setting ?

Any idea of what could be the problem ?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    sutton

Try unplugging the ir reciever, reboot, plug into a different usb, recommend usb ports 0\1 as these are the main one's you get the +5v standby power on.
    Hope this helps.

8)

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    sutton said:
    I have tried the files for MCE remote with Xp home and it solves the problem with the MCE remote. However, the MCE remote keyboard only has the arrows keys and Ok key that work.

In my case, I'm using the original Microsoft eHome Ir receiver with MCE remote & MCE keyboard.

In the device manager/Keyboards, I can see the following items:
    - Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard
    - Microsoft eHome MCIR Keyboard
    - Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard Keys
    - Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard

smnnekho, do you have the same setting ?

Any idea of what could be the problem ?

i don't, because i'm lacking the mce keyboard. i only have the remote

BOXERGODFREY

October 13, 2010
    North Yorkshire
    Home Country
    I've done the file download, but because my IR is built in to the PC and not a USB, I, obviously can't unplug and plug it in, soI've run the update wizard, which tells me that Windows can't find a better match, any idea what to try next?
    I, too, have up, down, left, right, OK working, but nothing else.

mdbarber

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2007
    Home Country
    I've done the file download, but because my IR is built in to the PC and not a USB, I, obviously can't unplug and plug it in, soI've run the update wizard, which tells me that Windows can't find a better match, any idea what to try next?
    I, too, have up, down, left, right, OK working, but nothing else.

what download where?

Users who are viewing this thread