MCE Remote (1 Viewer)

Autoper

Portal Pro
January 24, 2005
Stavanger, Norway
Full MCE2004 Remote support please! Button config option (option to disable volume control, system volume step size)? Blaster support (volume on external device, on/off button config w/macro option? (to turn on/off tv...))

Regards

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    If you have the 2005 you can actually teach it the volume buttons for another device. I know this doesn't help the original poster but it may help the second poster...

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Way to go Autoper :)

If you experiment with HIP it will let you configure all the buttons as well as program the blasters to control any other ir equipment.

I haven't tried this yet myself, as I am quite happy with the default combinations and being able to learn volume and power commands is enough for me.

I guess once I have MP working as I want then I will experiemnt with that, but at this stage there are always new and cool features to implement before I get to that.

Next step is voice control :)

Autoper

Portal Pro
    January 24, 2005
    Stavanger, Norway
    I have experimented with HIP, but I had poblems configuring HIP to make MP return to the start screen when pressing the PC power button :?
    So for now I'm using the standard setup in MP, and have programmed the MCE2005 remote to turn off my TV. Best of all: You can find only one rc in my livingroom :D

But there are downsides regarding the MCE2005 remote too :?
    The buttons on the remote are less responsive than the MCE2004 buttons... You have to press much harder on the vol and ch buttons to make it respond.

Do you know if there are some place to get the MCE2005 remote without the M$ logo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
    I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
    I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom