Media Center remote control (1 Viewer)

chrisn8cuh

Portal Member
February 18, 2006
Does the Media Center remote control work with MediaPortal? I am new to all this so I am realllly curious about it all.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The MCe remote is supported by Media Portal natively, so most probably, you won't have any problems.
The blaster part (to control other devices like set-top boxes) is also supported, but that takes some more work.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Also, if you get the choice, go for the European 2005 version. It has the fou extra colour teletext buttons down the bottom and these are used as shortcut keys to make MP a LOT easier to use.

If you have XP PRO SP2 or MCE, it should work straight out of the "box". If you have XP Home, you'll need to play withsome extra files, but it's not too hard.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Marcusb said:
    Also, if you get the choice, go for the European 2005 version. It has the fou extra colour teletext buttons down the bottom and these are used as shortcut keys to make MP a LOT easier to use.

If you have XP PRO SP2 or MCE, it should work straight out of the "box". If you have XP Home, you'll need to play withsome extra files, but it's not too hard.

Where's a good place to buy this remote? I've looked all over the interweb but usually they don't specify what model they are... Should I get one of the ones listed on Newegg or from somewhere else? See link...
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=Browse&Manufactory=1149&Subcategory=283

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I see what you mean now. Too bad that site doesn't ship internationally :-(. I'll keep looking and post any findings I get here for others.

Munch

Portal Member
    February 24, 2006
    I bought the european version of the MS media center remote. the problem is i cant get it to work. It works on my gaming machine with service pack 2 installed, but i cant install SP2 on my media machine. You said it was possible to get this to work with a XP pro version without service pack 2. How can i do this? thanks

Munch

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom