Media Portal Marketing (1 Viewer)

Would you buy MP merchandise?

• Total voters

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    Has anyone thought of setting up a CafePress.com store to sell MP merchandise? (proceeds go to MP of course).

This would be great marketing!

I would gladly wear a MP t-shirt, buy a coffe mug and probably a sticker or two. :D

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    • Banned
    It may be noteworthy to mention that there is a zero adminsitration cost for a cafepress store and everything is handled by them, ie sales, returns etc.

I used to run one for a band that I was in but they have much more products now.

If any of the core team wish to PM me and discuss setting it up I would be happy to help out.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you should talk to some "official" team member about this - they will be looking more forwarding if you would handle this stuff yourself ;)

devo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2004
    Canada
    rtv said:
    Maybe you should talk to some "official" team member about this - they will be looking more forwarding if you would handle this stuff yourself ;)

I will and I agree with your comment. This idea is much more likely to fly if I/we(the community) take initiative but with direction from frodo and the core team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six years. I migrated from WMC to MP because it offered more of what I wanted, and less of what I didn't want. But if you are comfortable with WMC, the obvious choice is to stay with WMC on Windows 7. The...
    I don't think that it is clear that you need to upgrade :eek:. I used WMC for six years, and have been using MP1 for another six...
    I have been 15 years with WMC in Windows 7 but clearly need to upgrade. I believe that MP might meet my needs. Before I invest a...
    Replies
    Views
    @Nikki Locke , we have moved your postings into a separate thread in the MP2 section! YOu should have received messages about it.
    @Nikki Locke , we have moved your postings into a separate thread in the MP2 section! YOu should have received messages about it.
    I have an existing media centre pc, which has a black gold TV tuner in it. I am getting twitchy about Windows media centre not...
    Replies
    Views
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is I can run side by side with my WMC setup, as my tuners are using DVBlink to combine channels for WMC, so WMC is using 8 virtual tuners from DVBlink while MP is using the tuners directly. Of course they are...
    I am still here, thanks for the input, so I have now settled on mp1, I am not afraid of a lot of tweaking. Good news on tuners is...
    No doubt I am not the first to make this journey so hopefully all can be achieved. So in short I have been running WMC for 8 years...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 New to Media Portal DE
    Thank you for the reply. It looks like a codec mess. the LAV audio decoder / playback has a -350 delay on the audio on one set of channels and is +150 on the others lol. Thats so strange! I didn't have time to mess with it much yesterday but I was able to see where the problems are more. Updated drivers for AMD Radeon V5800 but...
    Thank you for the reply. It looks like a codec mess. the LAV audio decoder / playback has a -350 delay on the audio on one set of...
    Hello Media Portal people! I was running windows 7 box with Silicone Dust tuner & WMC. Worked great for many years. I tried KODI...
    Replies
    Views
    If you run into installation problems regarding TV configuration, like I have, run for the hills and hang onto WMC for dear life!
    If you run into installation problems regarding TV configuration, like I have, run for the hills and hang onto WMC for dear life!
    I'm taking a peek at media portal right now, and I'm coming from Windows Media Center but I do have quite a few questions so here...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom