MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
After the DeployTool has thrown this error and exists,
please restart it and try again (without deleting anything in the mean time).

I have done this multiple times, but to no avail. It still throws up the same error.

Omen

Portal Pro
June 2, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
for all those having issues with the installer due to internet explorer issues, i simply resolved mine by turning my security settings down to low for the duration of the install.

at medium i got the same error most here are reporting, at low, the update worked just fine.

be sure to reset your security after wards though ;)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1.0.1 is here. :) :D
    Unfortunately i had to revert back to 1.0 after a short Testing of 1.0.1, because the new Version just brakes DVD Playback for me. :(
    Everytime i insert a Movie DVD the Autoplay Dialog keeps popping up, regardless of what i choose (Yes or No).
    The Second Problem is the updated MPC MPEG 2 Codec. I was hoping that it would solve some Playback Issues that i have with a few DVDs but instead it stopped playing back my DVDs completely.
    The problem is that the navigator filter and video/audio codecs have to be compatible.
    Atm. best combinations are:
    • Vista navigator + Vista mpg2 codec + vista audio codec
    • PowerDVD navigator + PowerDVD video codec + PowerDVD audio codec

all other "combinations" of different filters will cause playback issues.
    nothing we can do about that. :(

fraseyboy

Portal Pro
    March 12, 2006
    for all those having issues with the installer due to internet explorer issues, i simply resolved mine by turning my security settings down to low for the duration of the install.

at medium i got the same error most here are reporting, at low, the update worked just fine.

be sure to reset your security after wards though ;)

Nope. Still doesn't work for me :(

How many people here are running Comodo? Has anyone successfully installed MP with Comodo?

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I can also report the same problem as calcon79. After installing (nothing else changed) 1.0.1 the xvid avi files simply don't work anymore. Before I was using ffdshow and 1.0.0 on clean install of XP and everything was fine.

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi Team

I upgraded MediaPortal to version 1.0.1 this morning , the installation went smooth but after loading the system , it seems that i have 2 issues .

1. hebrew is no longer works correctly i have garbage with hebrew letters on the tv guide and also part of the menu.

2. i can't change channels anymore it worked fine with the IR Server suite 1.42 but now only works in testing area and not in the product itself , i upgraded the IR server suite to the latest version that support later than Portal 1.0.

but its not working so i decided to restore my image before the upgrade.

anyone encountered this kind of problems please help as i really want to move forward to the new version

Thanks.:D

Tzach

sharky76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2008
    Hi All

I also got the IR Server suite problem (TV2 plugin doesnt change channels anymore)
    Also, I must press "pause" button really long in order to pause the video.

All was fine in last SVN release

Vampiro

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Ok, probably a stupid question but I have MP 1 with latest SVN. Do I need to do a clean instalation or upgrade will do? Thanks

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Ok, probably a stupid question but I have MP 1 with latest SVN. Do I need to do a clean instalation or upgrade will do? Thanks

You cannot upgrade an install with an svn, clearly states this in the release notes on the front page!

Captain Kirk

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The problem is that the navigator filter and video/audio codecs have to be compatible.
    Atm. best combinations are:
    • Vista navigator + Vista mpg2 codec + vista audio codec
    • PowerDVD navigator + PowerDVD video codec + PowerDVD audio codec

all other "combinations" of different filters will cause playback issues.
    nothing we can do about that. :(

Thats very sad. :(
    I don't like the Power DVD Codec, because of the poor Video Quality. Hm. Then i have to stick with MP 1.0. :/

Edit: But in 1.0 I'm using the default Navigator and the MPC Video/Audio Codec, and this combination works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom