MediaPortal 1.0.1 Release (1 Viewer)

dcwp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2006
    Astana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Running great after an easy upgrade install. :D Thanks!

A note for people encountering the .net error. I had that error the first time I tried to install even though I'm on .net 3.5 SP1. After I closed Internet Explorer and all other applications I was able to install easily. Make sure everything is closed and maybe reboot before installing if you get the error message but have .net properly updated.

Thanks again, Team MediaPortal is really something special.
    :D:D:D:D

happy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2009
    Explorer :D
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Well after 5 hours of reinstalling discovering a failed memory module that magically started working again, waiting 2.5 hours for databases to build i am up and running and i've never been happier ;)

refresh rate works better, DXVA is awesome, MP its self is very polished i mean i havent found anything i dont like about it

thank you guys, i also donated to show my my appriciation

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Nice n fast

Nice smooth install all settings preserved, menu response is very good, little quirks of the Film Strip sticking when navigating up and down folders seems to have been fixed. Great work guys!

Captain Kirk

Portal Member
    January 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1.0.1 is here. :) :D
    Unfortunately i had to revert back to 1.0 after a short Testing of 1.0.1, because the new Version just brakes DVD Playback for me. :(
    Everytime i insert a Movie DVD the Autoplay Dialog keeps popping up, regardless of what i choose (Yes or No).
    The Second Problem is the updated MPC MPEG 2 Codec. I was hoping that it would solve some Playback Issues that i have with a few DVDs but instead it stopped playing back my DVDs completely. Even DVDs that worked before now do not play back if i use the MPC Codec. I just get some big colored pixels mixed with a black screen. The Sound plays fine.
    Now i have gone back to 1.0 with the older Version of the MPC Codec and it just works fine.
    The Reason i use the MPC Codec for DVD Playback is, that it provides the sharpest picture, compared the the PowerDVD Codecs or the WinDVD Codec.

Carpnutter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 21, 2007
    Great job guys so much faster and smoother, only one issue i can no longer change the channel order the up and down options seems to have disappeared.

762x51

Portal Member
    July 29, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Its running great here. I uninstalled SVN with recommended kind of uninstalling. 1.01 install without any problems. MP becomes from very very good Software to a rocket star in the universe :D:D:D:D Sounds euphoric cause its euphoric!

What is the recommended uninstall procedure for upgrading from an SVN build?

Efros

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2006
    Maine
    Home Country
    England England
    Input string was not in the correct format error

Getting this coupled with a crash when I try to save and exit Configuration. Also turning on timeshift causes the whole thing to hang with a black tv screen. Not an overly important issue as I rarely use the TV. Still means I can't record. Logs attached

Undel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Lubertsy, Moscow region, Russia
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Tried to upgrade SVN to 1.0.1 - seems like vista security settings prevents installer from completely removing old version (the part, which is in Program files). I've managed to get everything to work, except one bug: any music or video file, which I try to play in MP triggers "unhandled exception" error referring to Type initializer. All files plays OK with this, but the message can't be closed or moved and this is annoying. Seems to me like codec problem. But why it is happening on 1.0.1?

Got it! The problem was in outdated VLC player plugin from MP 1.0 which I never used. Plugin was disabled, but MP for some reason tried to create log file for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom