[News] MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta introduces a brand new look (1 Viewer)

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yahoooo! All progress bars show 100% On the Mantis Roadmap! Let's hope 14-04 is a go for the latest MP beta release!

Not the tv-server part.

Roadmap - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Ugg! You're right I am afraid. Lets hope they can finnisch it in due time!
    There won't be a release on 2011-04-14. But we might enter Code Freeze this week and start with internal release build testing.
    This usually takes ~14 days, then the actual public release is done.

Frank-NL

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 23, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great work infinite.loop. Beta won't come before Easter than, but May should bring us some 1.2.0 goodness :D

The developers are doing great work; and for all the people that will complain there is no release on the 14th - never trust a Mantis date. It's done when it's done.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    1.2.0 Beta (Scheduled For Release 2011-06-14) ???
    There is just one issue left for TvServer to fix. So I estimate that we enter codefreeze this week. So release in 2 - 3 weeks.
    Yet I do not want to set that date just to have to postpone it again.
    So I choose a date which is way later than the actual release. I then just have to change it to the real date on release day.

All dates in mantis are guesses.

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    I'm sorry to hear that 1.2.0ß is pushed back.

But while you're at it, why don't you clean MPTagThat from the Roadmap...

Isn't v2.0 of that already available??? : "MPTagThat - 1.2.0 (Scheduled For Release 2010-03-11)"

Just keeps bugging me everytime I see it :D

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    O damn!!! I was so happy that the release day was so close.. And now another push back to the future:( Is the problem so big that it can't be solved with a patch after a few weeks?

I'm disappointed, but no worries and take your time! I can life with this;)

Good luck!

p.s: a small question: Do you know if all skins (especially streamedMP) is also ready for MP 1.2.0 beta? Or only the default skin, and do we have to wait for the other skins..

Hetfield

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I really appreciate the valuable and good work everyone has done, and by reading the road map I have seen how big improvements have been made. Thanks!

But... two more months.

It has been a while from the latest stable/official release starting with number 1.2.X. I installed the alpha (which was way better than the official 1.1.X one), and been suffering for some minor but a bit annoying stability problems since that... let's say about half years... don't remember anymore how long. And also waiting for some very important improvements which were made several months ago, before the previous changes to release dates. I know alpha and beta always have risks, but I'm a bit nerd wanting to try improvements, and also a bit too old (33 years) to SVN builds :) And as said, the alpha was better than previous official, but no any release after that for a "while".

How about the way started by Google Chrome, then continued by Mozilla FireFox, and now _even_ by Microsoft Internet Explorer? They will have small releases often, instead of having 6-24 month cycles between the releases, the way they had before. For me as a developer / project manager (and a great continuos integration / continuous delivery fan) it seems a good direction, smaller peaces integrated more often are always easier to handle. The faster the software is tested by the "customers", the better it will come!

You have time until MediaPortal 2 is released, so there could be versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4... released between 1-3 months before that (having less or more fixes/features according to progress and developer capacity), and if the numbers end, MediaPortal 2 can be made MediaPortal 3. But anyhow, having MediaPortal 2 in a year would be a dream.

We are waiting for the awesome improvements done during last half year!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think that's a good point from Hetfield..

Maybe some more new releases.. Releases with a couple of bug fixes instead of a whole new version. (i think 1.2.0 beta is looking like a whole new version because there are so many fixes in it..) because now everyone have to wait for fixes that are solved allready..

Maybe a montly new version?

One thing i would say: It's only a suguestion.. You are the expert, I'm not ;) and maybe I am thinking to simple.. So: Good luck with developing!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm sorry to hear that 1.2.0ß is pushed back.

But while you're at it, why don't you clean MPTagThat from the Roadmap...

Isn't v2.0 of that already available??? : "MPTagThat - 1.2.0 (Scheduled For Release 2010-03-11)"

Just keeps bugging me everytime I see it :D
    MPTagThat is a seperate Project, completelly managed by hwharmann.
    I have no insight at all in its development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom