MediaPortal 2 Alpha 1 Summer Release - it's getting hot! (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question does it support dvr-ms and wtv files ? As I have heaps of movie files under those extensions but are not shown in matches.xml.
    @Denny09: Are your dvr-ms and wtv now detected using the given configuration file? Would be good to know, so we can add them to the default supported list!

doug

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2010
    Calgary
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,
    Looks good and works well for me.

Is Refresh Rate Changer code enabled in MP2 alpha? I didn't see it in the settings and I'm hoping MP2 resolves severe stuttering I have when switching from 59/60 fps to 23/24 fps.

Doug

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @doug: Refresh Rate changer is currently not implemented. I also don't have it on roadmap yet.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A short summary after one week:

We now have > 1000 downloads of this build, this is quite a good value :)

We already got feedback about the new features. This helps us a lot and we could already vastly improve online lookup for movies! So keep all feadback coming, thank you!

For all users who experience a crash after closing MP2 Client/Server, this is already fixed, so future builds will be smoother again...

Stay tuned, keep testing and reporting :D

Denny09

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is what I found.
    It now adds dvr-ms files but when you click on them they don’t play there is no error or nothing.

WTV files do not show up at all

Only one bluray title shows up in Movies and all the other blu rays are in Video section and they do play.

Some of the dvr-ms files that show up in Movies also show up in Videos the only difference in Movies they all have cover art whereas in videos they don’t.
    Iron Man 2 in movies it has wrong cover art in the video section it has correct cover art
    All bluray iso files have cover art and play successfully. Mkv & wmv have cover art and play correctly

I have tried things such as removing share and recreating again. Installed on a different pc and same result.
    My video folder is full of odd videos as you can see from matches.xml
    Some of the moves I don't in Matches.xml I don't have I just copied few mkv files over just to test will it pick up the correct coverart.

Weather feature reports in Fahrenheitand not Celsius for my region.

Attachments

• Matches.xml
      10.3 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It now adds dvr-ms files but when you click on them they don’t play there is no error or nothing.
    WTV files do not show up at all
    Could you upload a small sample file of each type somewhere? I don't have such files for testing. (you can upload to our ftp http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Development/Debugging/TS_Dumps?highlight=ftp)

A general note about "Video" and "Movie" libraries: all video files that are in share will appear inside "Video". This will happen also for movies, series, recordings,....

But only specialized types of videos that are detected by online lookup will appear inside "Movie".

Fanart support is intentional limited to specialized sections "Series" and "Movies".

Weather feature reports in Fahrenheitand not Celsius for my region.
    Please enter MP2 settings / regional and select your matching language/country. The weather plugin checks if the selection region uses "metric" or "imperial" units.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yeh weather in celcius would be great.

Edit: oops! Set region to Australia and now I get celcius!
    Yay

Last edited:

Denny09

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OOps! As well Setting the language to English(Australian) did the trick now its in Celsius.

I have uploaded the files to the ftp server. For my own testing I have renamed the dvr-ms file to ted movie and then did a reimport and it correctly found the cover art but again it doesn't play. Renaming the wtv file to another movie doesn't do anything.

I have also noticed that some of the videos do not have a thumbnail will those be generated automatically after a certain amount of time has elapsed ?.

I have attached a simple configuration layout and this could be used to fix some of the issues manually. Probable the settings should be kept on the server so in case you add another media portal pc you don't have to do the same procedure again.

Why on every menu you have show playlist / player configuration another person has that as a bug is it a bug or is this intended.

Now will move to testing music folders.

Attachments

• Configuration.png
      Configuration.png
      51.1 KB

Denny09

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    In audio library there is no cover art for the albums but when you select an album each song has the coverart of the album. I have checked and each album has a folder.jpg file.

Will this be implemented or am I just doing it incorrectly.

Time to figure out how to use the tv plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom