[Blog] MediaPortal 2: What does it bring to the table? (1 Viewer)

pody

Portal Pro
March 20, 2012
Home Country
Norway Norway
Thanks for the update! I always enjoy reading these blog posts.

Video backgrounds ftw! :D

Just took it for a quick test and there is still no rar support. I thought MP2 was supposed to natively support rar files? :/

Last edited:

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    First of all Thank you!
    Downloaded the first impression is great a faster MP, but now? How to configure it how to import my Series and my movies? I can do it on MP1 but the approach is different. Looked into the wiki not useful at the moment. Have I lost some links/posts? Is there any "First Steps" guide available?

One more things the setup is not Dexpot friendly. MP2 Setup program mess up all the icons on the different dextop.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Nonciazzecco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2010
    Milano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    How about the TV part? Is the TV-server also included in this build? When yes, can we have a list which TV-Tuners are supported?

Thanks for this build!!

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi togehther,

I have no experince with MP 2 so far. I'm looking foward to MP 2 and we will see when MP2 can fully replace MP1.

Hope that older hardware will be supported because had a lot of video stuttering playback issues as well as navigation issues due to bad MP 1 Performance withe the latest MP1 versions. Never the less video configuration and codec handling is complex but absolute flexible. Hope this will be supported with MP2 as well.

I also was wondering why development for MP 1 is ongoing? Wouldn't it be a better strategy to concentrate on the new Version and focus all the power of all developers as well as the plugin developers?!

BR
    Juro

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I also was wondering why development for MP 1 is ongoing? Wouldn't it be a better strategy to concentrate on the new Version and focus all the power of all developers as well as the plugin developers?!

This is something i wonder since the release 1.2 of MP1...
    I remember to read long time ago an comment from a team member "you can't force anyone to work on a specific project.." (in that case it would be MP2). And he was right, MP is an open source project, as long there are devs who want to develop MP1, they can simply do it:)

driver140771

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How about the TV part? Is the TV-server also included in this build? When yes, can we have a list which TV-Tuners are supported?

MP2 without the TV-Server, i don`t unterstand this (n) (n) (n)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Everything is configured from inside the MediaPortal 2 GUI - no need to exit to launch a configuration utility any more!
    there will never be an issue where a particular plugin won't work with a specific skin
    It is almost all I want for MP. Unfortunately, I'm a proud Xp user :(

Users who are viewing this thread