MediaPortal Hangs while trying to watch TV (1 Viewer)

JimmyD

Portal Member
September 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am new to MediaPortal. I had the TV function up and running for a day or two, but now MediaPortal freezes when I turn on the TV function. I really don't think I changed any settings. Attached are the logs.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

When you say MediaPortal is freezing...
    What is happening behind the scenes is that MediaPortal is trying (and failing!) to use each of your 6 tuners to tune the channel you requested. With your current configuration, each tuner takes approximately 25 seconds to try. 25 seconds multiplied by 6 tuners gives 2 minutes 30 seconds, which is a long time... so no wonder you think MediaPortal is freezing.

From the log files, it looks like MediaPortal's TV Server is not receiving a stream from the tuner for the channel you tried (NFL Network HD). Immediately prior to NFL HD I can see you tried WTTG, which appears to have worked fine. A couple of days earlier I can see you were able to tune NFL Network HD with no problems.
    ...so this is a bit strange.

Do you only have problems with certain channels?

Regards,
    mm

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you for the quick response! I tried my system again this morning and all is working normally.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the feedback. :)
    I'm glad the problem is gone, but do please let us know if it comes back. Intermittent problems are the worst, and I'd love to be able to figure out what was going on.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted during the reinstall of MP. I also had to do the same with TRAKT which had some issues too that were not apparent at the time. All is well once again. :cool:
    If anyone ever experiences the above, I found a fix. Removing and reinstalling MP-TVSeries fixed it. It must have gotten corrupted...
    After much trial and error and comparing this computer with another that was working, I finally found out that Fanarthandler...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Didn't know computers are available in Canada's jails... :p
    Hi folks, basically I have this m3u list with links I am trying to scan with the TV configuration tool but all the channels even...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom