MediaPortal Locking up (1 Viewer)

yogibayer

Portal Member
April 27, 2008
Whenever I hit play on any video file from moving pictures Mediaportal locks up and I have to end the task to get back out of it. I have attached the log files, not sure if you need anything else. Thank You

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since this seems to be caused by MovingPictures, you should report it to the MovingPictures developers.

If it did the same in My Videos, then that would indicate a more general problem.

Edit: I had a look at your logs, and it really does just hang. There is nothing to indicate that MP even tries to start playing the file.

Mark

yogibayer

Portal Member
    April 27, 2008
    I tried again directly from videos and had the same thing happen. Attaching log files from the latest test.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I don't see anything in the logs to indicate that you have started to play a video file. Try turning off thumbnail generation and see if this helps.

Alternatively, try waiting longer for it to respond. Obviously I don't know how long you have waited so far.

yogibayer

Portal Member
    April 27, 2008
    I waited multiple minutes for each test. It just seems to hang there and not do anything, but I am unable to even move the mouse and thus it is locked after I hit play. When I do CTL-ALT-DEL it says mediaportal is not responding.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    What codecs have you got for video playback, are they trying to play using dxva, format of files also makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the MePo configuration utility. I also downloaded the X86 BDReader plugin that you posted. Renamed the existing files in the MePo folder, and copied the updated files to the MePo folder. For the most part...
    Thanks again for all the help. I deleted 'BDHandler.dll" from the process folder, and as expected, it no longer appears in the...
    I'm not sure that this works on 32-bit, but if I try to play a 4K UHD Blu-ray (Using makeMKV, modified firmware, and AnyDVD HD) the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom