MediaPortal on EBay??????? (1 Viewer)

Dordo

Portal Pro
December 3, 2004
Guys I don't think this should be a big concern. When someone sells Media Portal for 99cents who cares? Its obvious that they are not out to make some massive profit out of this and are trying to exploit the project. There are many people out there who otherwise wouldn't ever know about Media Portal or would be in a situation where they were unable to download it, my point is that there is a legitimate market out there and I don't think these people are hurting the project. The ones that really pissed me off where the people selling it it for like $50 a pop and everyone thought they were getting Windows MCE, they were the ones we needed to stop and these people by selling it for 99c have done exactly that.

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Yeh as was said in the other threads, only time its worth pursuiting is when they are obviously making a quick buck. $1 + $6 postage is hardly anything and thats considered a reasonable media fee.

ddbuster

January 25, 2006
    I think it's great! If I hadnt seen the listing, I never would have discovered the program. Some people don't / can't go thru the hassle of figuring out what to download to put together one of these systems. If someone takes the time to d/l everything, explains how to install and what or what not to install, puts it all on a shiny cd/dvd, and delivers it, god bless em for asking a buck for that. Me, I just finished getting all the sources, going to install my tuner card in a fresh box, and start playing!

cinemasid

Portal Member
    February 3, 2006
    ebay sellers

yeh i agree i would never have found the software if it weren't for ebay, except i noticed it said open source so googled it and here i am enjoying my media centre :) if you check there's an ebay seller who only sells free software so i think she/he is probobly trying to make money to be fair.

Khris

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2005
    Edmonton, AB
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I sent the following message to everyone who has already bid on the auction! *evil grin*

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that the item you are bidding on //New For Windows XP Media Portal Multi-Media Center 2005// is actually a FREE download off the Internet.

Go to www.team-mediaportal.com to download the latest version!!

Retract your bid if you can, or tell the seller you are no longer interested in purchasing FREE software!! :)

jazZman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    HI Khris,
    It is good to see that the bruises have healed from the last battle and your back into the fight :D

Post any relpies that you get, they will make intresting reading

Cheers

Jamie

Users who are viewing this thread