MediaPortal on Surface Pro (1 Viewer)

sytone

Portal Member
April 17, 2013
Home Country
Barbados Barbados
Rocks...

Have a few issues with touch and some initial issues with opening ports and permissions given the machines are on separate domains, out side of that it is working nicely.

I have a portable TV now :)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which Skin do you use? I would think that most Skins are not very touch friendly. Also interesting gestures like swiping through lists will be missed I guess.

Last edited:

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    I am using titan at the moment. The pen comes in handy. When I get a chance in going to install v2 and look at the skins as they are xaml base so should be able to accommodate touch actions better making MP more friendly on tablets.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was going to start a thread for this too! There are some issues with touch compatibility (scrolling is an obvious one) but I figured it might be too early to say anything as there's not much I can do to help other than point out what doesn't work right. If someone will volunteer to do stuff I will happily be a guinea pig. Maybe best to have a touch version of a skin rather than adding unwanted things to an existing one?

sytone

Portal Member
    April 17, 2013
    Home Country
    Barbados Barbados
    Not yet. I hae been pretty busy with work but want to try V2 of MP to see if the xaml approach will be more touch friendly.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did try and it's alot better than any other I've tested. I'll stick with PureVisionHD 1080 for now :)

somy

Portal Pro
    March 7, 2010
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I did try and it's alot better than any other I've tested. I'll stick with PureVisionHD 1080 for now :)
    Hi,
    I'm also interested in this, do you use MP as a video player or use surface as HTPC (which connects to AVR and big screen)?
    Does the hardware good enough to decode HD content with LAVF? Can it bitstream HD audio track to AVR over displayport?
    Thank you in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread