MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
Re: runaway radio recordings

New DVB radio fun, this is the 2nd time this week I've had a runaway radio recording.

Both times I noticed a 2nd tuner tuned to another DvB radio channel but marked 'idle'. In the logs tuner1 had the runaway Radio1 recording, tuner2 was parked on BBC6 possibly from a 20100213 02:00-03:00 recording.

Running a base 1.1.0 upgraded direct to this SVN, MP frontend was not running.

Attachments

• log_20100214.zip
    30.6 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

When I started playback of a TV Recording today (Being Human), the screen resolution/calibration got all mixed up. I noticed first that the infobar/timeline didn't look right and then when I changed the aspect ratio to original, the picture was in the bottom right corner of the screen and some of it was off the screen. Going back to the GUI (Home) I could see that was all messed up as well. I restarted MP and then was able to play the recording without any problem.

I notice in the configuration.log it says "Skin selected: Blue3wide (screenWidth=1280, screenHeight=1024, screenRatio=1.25)" even though I'm running my TV at 1920*1080. Also in MediaPortal.log it says "GraphicContext: MP will render at 50 FPS, use animations = True" even though my TV refresh rate is 60hz. These anomalies might not be related to this bug but I thought I'd mention them in case.

bob987

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Strange Hebrew text scroll

It's seems to be that across the program there is a problem with scrolling Hebrew texts.

I will try to explain the problem:
    The text will scroll one character to the left and then all the text will jump one character to the right and the process will repeat itself.
    Not only that the scroll is jumpy, but most of the text is not shown. See attached avi.

The way it should behave is the text will scroll continuously to the right allowing the right most character of the text to be the first to disappear.

Even continues scroll to the left (as with English text) will be better than the current scroll.

Thanks,
    Bob

Attachments

• scroll.avi
      30.6 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

After watching an avi, I tried to select a TV programme to watch whilst the avi was still playing, which resulted in MP locking up. A pop-up error box opened but wasn't visible on my dual-screen setup. I highlighted it in the taskbar on my monitor and pressed enter, which closed both it and MP.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

I just saw that the problems with the not playing avi-files has already been corrected, I also tested it myself. (svn 25024)

However I have been detecting another problem this is related to the changes in mantis 2524 and that does not happen with the core.dll from svn 24975.

Problem: If the first selected H264 decoder within Mediaportal fails to connect, Mediaportal won't connect to another filter and won't play the file at all.

For example: I have installed the latest FFDShow codec. With it comes also an DXVA enabled H264-decoder that runs seperated from the normal FFDShow decoder. I selected this new decoder as standard H264-decoder within Mediaportal.

If I want to play a H264 file that is DXVA compliant, everything is fine. Mediaportal plays this file without problem. However if I select a not compliant H264 file, the FFDShow DXVA decoder won't connect and normally the standard FFDShow decoder should connect instead. With the changes in mantis 2524 Mediaportal won't connect to the other H264 decoder anymore.

The old core.dll from svn 24975 does this correctly. I can reproduce this behaviour anytime.

I like the new FFDShow H264 DXVA decoder, it runs more fluid than the MPC Video decoder on my setup.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland

MediaPortal Version: MP v1.1 SVN
    Windows Version: MS XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
    HDD: 1TB RAID 10, 3ware 9500S
    Memory: 3GB
    Motherboard: Asus PSCH-L
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-t 500 (dual tuner)
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-t
    1. TV Card Driver: v4.3.27240.0
    2. TV Card: Technotrend S2-3200 + CI
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
    2. TV Card Driver: v5.0.1.8
    3. TV Card: Technotrend S2-3200
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-s
    3. TV Card Driver: v5.0.1.8
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: FTA / Freesat / Canal Digitaal

I run a multiseat MP setup with a dedicated TV server. As I was reading that MP v1.1.0 is close to be released, I decided to give this SVN a try. I did a clean install of both the TV server and the client. On the positive side, this SVN resolves the issues I had with my Canal Digitaal smartcard in MP v1.0.2. However, every so often (at least once a day) I'm experiencing an issue where I change channel and after a short while I get a pop-up "unable to play stream x.0". Trying to tune again will typically produce the same error, but with a different stream number (I've got multiple cards that can tune to the same channel). Restarting the TV server resolves the issue (temporarily). Just to be clear, I did not have this particular issue with MP v1.0.2. I've attached the TV server logs, and I hope one of the devs can look into this. I am willing to do more testing if required.

photopeter

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

Hi.
    Here are some "Appcrash" and "BEX" Error Logs from this SVN.
    I can't reproduce the errors, but such crashes happned really (way to) often with SVN 24975. The SVN 24923 was completely unusable on my system, as it crashes every five seconds. The crashes appears on TV, Video or Music Playback and also on watching pictures, so it seems to be a core problem...

I have switched back to REV 24669 as it runs rock solid on my system.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country

The TV Server powerscheduler plugin isn't working for me. It's set to suspend after 120 minutes but it just doesn't. For these logs, I left the PC untouched for well over 120 minutes.

When MP is loaded, the Client powerscheduler plugin does cause it to suspend if left on the Home Screen. I'm running a single-seat installation by the way.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

I just saw that the problems with the not playing avi-files has already been corrected, I also tested it myself. (svn 25024)

However I have been detecting another problem this is related to the changes in mantis 2524 and that does not happen with the core.dll from svn 24975.

Problem: If the first selected H264 decoder within Mediaportal fails to connect, Mediaportal won't connect to another filter and won't play the file at all.

For example: I have installed the latest FFDShow codec. With it comes also an DXVA enabled H264-decoder that runs seperated from the normal FFDShow decoder. I selected this new decoder as standard H264-decoder within Mediaportal.

If I want to play a H264 file that is DXVA compliant, everything is fine. Mediaportal plays this file without problem. However if I select a not compliant H264 file, the FFDShow DXVA decoder won't connect and normally the standard FFDShow decoder should connect instead. With the changes in mantis 2524 Mediaportal won't connect to the other H264 decoder anymore.

The old core.dll from svn 24975 does this correctly. I can reproduce this behaviour anytime.

I like the new FFDShow H264 DXVA decoder, it runs more fluid than the MPC Video decoder on my setup.

And logs can be found where? It is impossible to figure out what might cause that in your system otherwise. I can't confirm this behaviour in my setup. If filters are not able to connect it should not matter as rendering is done pin by pin for source.

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: Re: AW: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-06-2010 13-59h - Revision:24975.rar

Manfred

I generated three log files for you. The first one is from svn 25035.
    I am starting two MKV-files. The first one is DXVA compliant and plays fine. The second MKV is not compliant and Mediaportal won't play it. I also included the evr.log.

The second log file is with the core.dll from 24975. (just copied over).
    I am playing the same two MKV files. Both play fine. I hope that helps. If you need more/other log files just tell me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom