MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar (2 Viewers)

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Please add log files to your post
Here they are, thanks in advance. I see errors, but they don't explain me too much...:confused:
We really should start to delete all bug reports and SVN related error comments when the reporters are too lazy to include logs.
tourettes, you would be right if it would be really a queston of "too lazy". But I did understand this thread not really as a support thread (even when I am happy to get an answer), but as a thread to tell the developpers what can go wrong. I think we all know that the SVNs are not tested versions, and we are the testers and should tell our experience - which does not mean complaining.
Too lazy would mean, just stay on the released version and not backup, install, test, try, test, ..... reinstall backup.....;)

Alfred

jezd

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Hi all,

the good news: With this SVN I do not have the problem of the previous (no TV channels found, like some others).

On my Single-Seat-System everything is ok.

On a second client, however, I get TV and Movies not within MP, but in a seperate window "ActiveMovie Window". I tried different codecs, I tried EVR instead of VMR9 (not working: Cannot play stream, "Audio codec"), no success

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alfred

Exact same issue here, I did have things working on TV but after testing different codecs it now always launches video in an "ActiveMovie Window" on the PC. The other situation is that MP tells me there are no codecs installed for xvid for example when nothing has changed on the codecs.

Cheers

Jez

PS Can post logs later

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see errors, but they don't explain me too much...:confused:

That's why you should post the log files here ;)

But I did understand this thread not really as a support thread (even when I am happy to get an answer), but as a thread to tell the developpers what can go wrong.

User input on SVN releases is really appreciated.
    But besides telling us what works out (yes, positive feedback is also welcome ;))
    and what not we need log files to specifically track the (root) issues down.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Here they are, thanks in advance. I see errors, but they don't explain me too much...:confused:
    We really should start to delete all bug reports and SVN related error comments when the reporters are too lazy to include logs.
    tourettes, you would be right if it would be really a queston of "too lazy". But I did understand this thread not really as a support thread (even when I am happy to get an answer), but as a thread to tell the developpers what can go wrong. I think we all know that the SVNs are not tested versions, and we are the testers and should tell our experience - which does not mean complaining.
    Too lazy would mean, just stay on the released version and not backup, install, test, try, test, ..... reinstall backup.....;)

Alfred

Hi,
    Had a look @ your logs & just wondered if this it's true: " Display Memory: 32.0 MB" (MP need atleast 128 MB)?

Regards
    Roy

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi there,

Just installed this SVN and everything appeared to be working just fine. However when I started watching TV the tv server starts streaming but in MP only the first frame appears. When pushing the right button on my remote until I reach the end of the timeshift buffer, TV starts acting normal. This is not new for me but I don't know where to put it elsewhere. It happened with MPV and MPC and also with PDVD 7 and 8, so it is not a decoder issue (I guess) Also, when I switch channel it is all working fine, after doing the above.
    In TV, after doing the above, I tried to grab IMDB info, it starts grabbing but it does not show information on screen afterwards. The TV is not responding after this... and I have to kill MP.

I know, subtitles are not working in MKV, but it would be very convenient if it did. Keep low volume and not to wake up kid! :D

best regards,
    Marcel

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I know, subtitles are not working in MKV, but it would be very convenient if it did. Keep low volume and not to wake up kid! :D

Subtitles work if you setup your codecs right. You lose the DXVA decoding, but that's not a MediaPortal problem.

Install the Haali filter and DirecVobSub filter and in Haali set the property that always loads DirecVobSub. Works like a charm for me with the Divx H.264 codec.

You also need to turn on Subtitles in MediaPortal configuration.

jezd

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2007

Alfred

Hi,
    Had a look @ your logs & just wondered if this it's true: " Display Memory: 32.0 MB" (MP need atleast 128 MB)?

Regards
    Roy

I have been running MP on a laptop with 32mb graphics card for over a year now, latest builds, no issues at all.

Jez

carukc

Portal Member
    May 6, 2007
    Internal Player plays even when external player specified

Hello,

I have been using the last official release since it arrived. Last night I decided to give the latest svn a try. There seem to be some big problems with playback.

I use TheaterTek as an external player, when I select an .iso from the MediaPortal 'My Videos' or a TV episode from My TVSeries (newest) or a film (mkv or .iso) from MovingPictures (newest), my external player starts as usual but when I exit TheaterTek, MediaPortal replays the file using the internal player and then refuses to stop (audio anyway... video stopped showing when I tried to exit MediaPortal). The only way to reset is to force a reboot of the computer.

I have tried BlueWide, Indigo and StreamedMP. I am using Vista Home Premium and the latest SVN.

Log file attached.

According to the log:

2009-02-12 01:29:31.885142 [Info.][CommandProcessor]: Commandprocessor: MediaPortal.TV.Recording.StopRadioCommand failed reason: No tuner cards installed time: 2 msec
    2009-02-12 01:29:31.887142 [Info.][MPMain]: RefreshRateChanger.AdaptRefreshRate: 'auto refreshrate changer' disabled
    2009-02-12 01:29:31.895142 [Info.][MPMain]: start process C:\Program Files\TheaterTek\TheaterTek DVD 2.0\TheaterTek DVD.exe "\\DASTARDLY\XferMini\Television\Smallville\season 06\Smallville - s06e22 - phantom.avi"
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.314142 [Warn.][MPMain]: Util: Error using external player - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI.Utils_OnStopExternal(Process proc, Boolean waitForExit)
    at MediaPortal.Util.Utils.UtilEventHandler.Invoke(Process proc, Boolean waitForExit)
    at MediaPortal.Util.Utils.PlayMovie(String strFile)
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.338142 [Info.][MPMain]: Loading external players plugins
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.357142 [Info.][MPMain]: found plugin:MediaPortal.FoobarPlugin.FoobarPlugin in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\ExternalPlayers.dll
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.358142 [Info.][MPMain]: player:Foobar2000. author: int_20h/rtv
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.359142 [Info.][MPMain]: found plugin:MediaPortal.ITunesPlayer.ITunesPlugin in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\ExternalPlayers.dll
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.360142 [Info.][MPMain]: player:iTunes. author: Frodo
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.360142 [Info.][MPMain]: found plugin:MediaPortal.WinampPlayer.WinampPlugin in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\ExternalPlayers.dll
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.361142 [Info.][MPMain]: player:Winamp. author: int_20h
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.369142 [Info.][MPMain]: found plugin:MediaPortal.MyFLVPlayer.MTVPlayerPlugin in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\MTVMusicPlayer.dll
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.370142 [Info.][MPMain]: player:MTV Video Player. author: Dukus, based on work of Gregmac45
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.379142 [Info.][MPMain]: found plugin:MediaPortal.MyFLVPlayer.FlvPlayerPlugin in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\YahooFlashVideoPlayer.dll
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.379142 [Info.][MPMain]: player:Yahoo Video Player. author: Dukus, based on work of Gregmac45
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.385142 [Info.][MPMain]: found plugin:YouTubePlayer.YouTubePlayer in C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\ExternalPlayers\YouTubePlayer.dll
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.386142 [Info.][MPMain]: player:YouTube Video Player. author: Dukus, based on work of Gregmac45
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.398142 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayer:play \\DASTARDLY\XferMini\Television\Smallville\season 06\Smallville - s06e22 - phantom.avi
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.524142 [Info.][MPMain]: VideoPlayerVMR9: Enabling DX9 exclusive mode
    2009-02-12 01:30:04.616142 [Info.][MPMain]: VMR9: added EVR Renderer to graph

It seems started the external player but then it mentions a call to the MovingPictures (and others) and then fires up the internal player.

bug? ideas?

Many Thanks
    Chris

woddog

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2007
    Townsville, QLD
    Home Country
    can Anyone confirm?

Does anyone else have the problem I described in post#19 with DVD playback?

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Roy,
    thanks for looking to the logs; you are right, its a Dell Latidude D600 with a Mobility Radeon 9000, 32MB. But before this SVN I never had any problem related to the graphics (same like jezd).

Alfred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom