MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar (2 Viewers)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I installed this SVN over MP 1.0 and I initially had also the DirectX issue, so I reinstalled the Nov 2008 version and the nag screen was gone.
But, now I have a problem that whenever I play *.mkv files (haven't tried any other yet) and all over sudden I don't have Dolby Digital/DTS sound over my digital output anymore, there is only stereo PCM stuff??? I already checked my audio codecs (both tried MPC and Microsoft) and the audio renderer (i.e. digital out).

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!
Ron

It's probably because of the change discussed here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-303/mp-uses-aac-audio-decoder-mkvs-mp4s-54658/ - in other words, it's probably using a different codec which isn't set up for SPDIF pass-through. Use Graphedit or Graphstudio to find out which codec MP is actually using during playback.

Tony

Yes, this is exactly what's going on here :mad: MP should not default to the AAC decoder for specific (i.e. mkv) files :confused:, so from my point of view clearly a BUG!!!

Ron

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this was a ridiculous code change...

Anyhow, I've posted a patch over in the bug thread, first post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ecoder-mkvs-mp4s-54658-post376244/#post376244

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Devs!

Configuration.exe does not work: Please take a look:

Best regards

Helios

Hey,

you must reinstall "Backup Settings"

I have the same problem. How do I reinstall "Backup Settings"?

Hi,
    No backup should be re-installed here, the reason for this error is a name change on a .dll which installer should have deleted(dunno why it didn't on yours)
    You can delete the bass_wv.dll in MP root folder\MusicPlayer\plugins\audio decoders\" & the error is away.

Regards
    Roy

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds like directshow is failing to connect to the VMR9 renderer and opens that another video window (most likely that one is using overlay video renderer, could you check that with GraphEdit?)

If thats the case, nothing on MP side can be done.
    Hi tourettes,

I just tried the "Graphedit", connected to "Remote Graph" and hope, that is what you mean.

First difference: With SVN, I get 2 graphs with the same ID to connect (see "Select with SVN.jpg"). If I press Refresh, however, one of them disappears. Both connections show the same picture.

Second difference: Without SVN, I get a connection to "Video Mixing Renderer 9", with SVN to "Video Renderer".

No idea why, and if this causes the problem.

All tests made with the same directx version (August 2008), only MP Data and MP Program directories were restored via backup.

:D for looking at it.

Alfred

Attachments

• GraphEdit without SVN.jpg
      GraphEdit without SVN.jpg
      73.8 KB
    • Select with SVN.jpg
      Select with SVN.jpg
      12.7 KB
    • GraphEdit with SVN1.jpg
      GraphEdit with SVN1.jpg
      82.3 KB
    • GraphEdit with SVN2.jpg
      GraphEdit with SVN2.jpg
      82.3 KB

Mr Hipp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2006
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is beause Video Mixing Renderer 9 fails to initialize. See vrm9.log AND this is because you need proper drivers.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    This is beause Video Mixing Renderer 9 fails to initialize. See vrm9.log AND this is because you need proper drivers.

Well, its most likely not even a fully DX9 compliant card.

Mobility™ Radeon™ 9000 is the first visual processor to fully support DirectX® 8.1 programmable pixel and vertex shaders on a mobile platform.

So, drivers alone might not save the day. Earlier it might have worked when some specific DX9 features arent used, but VMR9 usage has changed a little bit in latest SVNs.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,
    No backup should be re-installed here, the reason for this error is a name change on a .dll which installer should have deleted(dunno why it didn't on yours)
    You can delete the bass_wv.dll in MP root folder\MusicPlayer\plugins\audio decoders\" & the error is away.

Regards
    Roy

Probably was deleted and then put back by Backupsettings plugin. I guess that everyone with the "Bass problem" used Backupsettings, wich is a supernize plugin, but sometimes shit happens. :cool:

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi together

This SVN works great on my system. Especially the time between switching channels is much much better. From 3 Seconds to 0,5 Seconds. Absolut top!
    Thanks for making a super program better and better.

Greetings / Cress

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    I have to say there is also the "can not delete DVDs from harddrive problem" I copy DVDs via DVDFab completely on the harddrive. With the svn versions i can not delete a copied dvd from harddrive. There is only one file deleted but the folder stays on drive and isn´t deleteable from MP anymore. With the MP 1.0 thats no problem. So switched back again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom