MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-07-2009 01-58h - Revision:21864.rar (1 Viewer)

demon68

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Excuse me for my English.I had same problems with installation last svn on Vista SP1.Today has installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 - (For installing necessary to enable service Automatic update) .Then download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows Vista x86, and Windows Server 2008 x86 Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for Windows Vista x86, and Windows Server 2008 x86 .And then without problems has installed last svn.

thanks, but unfortunately the files I downloaded from there give me the error messages
'The update does not apply to your system'
'None of the products that are addressed by this software update are installed on this computer'

thank you too, I tried this cleanup. I tried it 2 ways (both time I selected to cleanup all versions of .Net), first the final status was 'cleanup succeeded', but there were 'Access denied' error messages in the log, and I got the same problem as before. then I changed security on the files mentioned in the log, run the cleanup tool one more time, status was 'suceeded' again, but this time it requested a restart. unfortunately after the restart I still ran into the same error when trying to install .Net 3.5 SP1. it's strange for me that even after the cleanup, according to '.NET Framework verification tool', there's still .Net 2.0SP1 and 3.0SP1 installed on my system.

I think I'll make a clean install of Vista, when I have more time, then try again. One of these steps must work!

moppe

Portal Member
December 23, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
royne
I think is related to backupsettings uninstall and remove the backupsettings.dll in plugin. I hade the same problem and this solve the problem.
restart the tv sever and adjust the EPG time.
ie its not a svn related problem.

//Moppe

Gaper01

Portal Member
June 17, 2007
Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MP with TV Client won't start without server running

MediaPortal keeps getting better! Guys keep up the good work!:D

I only have one issue though:confused::
If I start Mediaportal on the laptop with the TV client and the TV-server (my HTPC) is not running, the process freezes on "Loading window plugins".
If I then start the TV service on the HTPC, the loading of Mediaportal continues fine.
If I disable the TV-plugin, all seems to be fine i.e. with or without running the TV-service, MediaPortal starts normal.
I started noticing this since SVN 21813. Is this an error or is this by design?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Delay & errors stopping service with comskip plugin

If I select to stop the service in the Server config util, it happens pretty quickly, & the button changes labels to 'start service'. There are no related errors generated in errors.log. If the comskip server plugin was loaded at launch of the service though, problems occur. When selecting to stop the service, there is a substantial delay in the button switching labels to 'start service', & the following lines are logged in errors.log

2009-03-10 19:01:05.373583 [10]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentException: Service TvEngine.Events.ITvServerEvent is not registered
    at TvLibrary.Interfaces.ServiceProvider.Get[T]()
    at TvEngine.ComSkipLauncher.Stop()
    at TvService.Service1.StopPlugins()
    Exception :confused:ervice TvEngine.Events.ITvServerEvent is not registered
    site :T Get[T]()
    source :TvLibrary.Interfaces
    stacktrace: at TvLibrary.Interfaces.ServiceProvider.Get[T]()
    at TvEngine.ComSkipLauncher.Stop()
    at TvService.Service1.StopPlugins()

Also, regardless of whether any plugins are enabled or not, there is a >10sec delay in closing the config app after stopping the service. The following is posted to errors.log

2009-03-10 19:01:27.447583 [SetupTv]: RemoteControl - Error checking connection state
    2009-03-10 19:01:35.481583 [SetupTv]: RemoteControl - Error checking connection state

I know the SVN installer is having a problem with file registration for pdmpgmux.ax (see edit section of post 5 here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...blems-due-invalid-reference-56071/#post388980). Since the errors for the comskip plugin are also mentioning registration, it makes me wonder if another file fails to get registered/copied during install of the SVN. Any dev able to tell me which file to try to register to see if it resolves this issue?

Full logs attached here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-erros-stopping-service-comskip-plugin-56231/

Olodin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2004
    I've installed this snapshot over a 1.0 installation to see, if the problem described in tvservice crashes unexpectedly will go away. Unfortunately it is not: seems to be related to "EPG grabbing while idle".

Despite of that: thanks for a lot of improvements!!! Channnel changing speed got better, and TV text is now readable.

tlevis

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ok,
    I removed the backupsettings.dll from the plugins but I can´t even get to Configuration screen anymore. This happened also before I removed the backupsettings. Now it claims that the TV-service isn´t running although it is running. Takes a couple of minutes and then there comes an error on the screen:
    Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it::1::31456

And a whole bunch of Server stack trace code... HELP!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok,
    I removed the backupsettings.dll from the plugins but I can´t even get to Configuration screen anymore. This happened also before I removed the backupsettings. Now it claims that the TV-service isn´t running although it is running. Takes a couple of minutes and then there comes an error on the screen:
    Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it::1::31456

And a whole bunch of Server stack trace code... HELP!

False signatures (e.g. from Windows Defender - check the news) might have caused an alteration of your %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
    Make sure it at least contains this:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

Without the IPv4 localhost you'll get those errors, are unable to launch setuptv.exe and will miss recordings!
    Restart the system if your file was altered.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi rtv!

False signatures (e.g. from Windows Defender - check the news) might have caused an alteration of your %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
    Make sure it at least contains this:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

Without the IPv4 localhost you'll get those errors, are unable to launch setuptv.exe and will miss recordings!
    Restart the system if your file was altered.

Is it possible to publish important news like this one in the future on the Mainpage?

Best regards

Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom