MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-07-2009 01-58h - Revision:21864.rar (2 Viewers)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to publish important news like this one, of which the function of MP depends, on the Mainpage?

Well, a working network environment has always been a prerequisite of the tvservice.
    According to M$ corrected signatures have been released quickly and the defender is such a piece of rubbish that you might want to disable it on a dedicated HTPC anyway.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok,
    I removed the backupsettings.dll from the plugins but I can´t even get to Configuration screen anymore. This happened also before I removed the backupsettings. Now it claims that the TV-service isn´t running although it is running. Takes a couple of minutes and then there comes an error on the screen:
    Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it::1::31456

And a whole bunch of Server stack trace code... HELP!

False signatures (e.g. from Windows Defender - check the news) might have caused an alteration of your %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
    Make sure it at least contains this:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

Without the IPv4 localhost you'll get those errors, are unable to launch setuptv.exe and will miss recordings!
    Restart the system if your file was altered.

Just found this happening this morning :confused:

Glad you pointed out the fix, bloody M$ breaking things again :mad:

Cheers again rtv for letting us know.

spillers909

Portal Member
    March 8, 2009
    Anytime I install this snapshot I get a 'Please insntall a newer Directx 9.0C redist" error. I have it installed and the normal version of mediaportal works fine. Anyone have any idea what would cause this?

Install http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c1367bc3-4676-481a-bfaa-5c15d1d7199d or newer as the warning window suggests.

Simone

The new directx is installed. 1.0 Mediaportal plays perfectly. I thought that maybe a file was corrupted upon install for a complete reinstall provided the same results. Mediaportal would run fine until the snapshot was added. I thought I may be able to fix it by reinstalling directx from the same site you linked and it states that the updated version of directx is already installed. Not sure what to do now :)

AlexP0wr

Portal Member
    February 25, 2009
    Visualisations no longer seen, milkdrop\R4.

Config logs error is

2009-03-07 13:21:32.185913 [Info.][Config Main]: VisualisationManager: Failed to get viz plugins - System.ArgumentException: The path is not of a legal form.
    at System.IO.Path.NormalizePathFast(String path, Boolean fullCheck)

Same error here. Thnx in advance for fixing.

diskeeper

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    copy sonique to ....\MediaPortal\MusicPlayer\plugins\visualizations\ folder and then start / close / start / mp-config.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ok,
    I removed the backupsettings.dll from the plugins but I can´t even get to Configuration screen anymore. This happened also before I removed the backupsettings. Now it claims that the TV-service isn´t running although it is running. Takes a couple of minutes and then there comes an error on the screen:
    Failed to startup tvserviceSystem.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it::1::31456

And a whole bunch of Server stack trace code... HELP!

False signatures (e.g. from Windows Defender - check the news) might have caused an alteration of your %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
    Make sure it at least contains this:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    ::1 localhost

Without the IPv4 localhost you'll get those errors, are unable to launch setuptv.exe and will miss recordings!
    Restart the system if your file was altered.

Thanks RTV I honestly couldn't work out what I'd done to break it! The Mrs was going to murder me!

araf

Portal Member
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Disappears switch between languages for movies (not DVD) in on-screen-menu (F9) and by pressing key "A" on keyboard. What to do to bring them back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom