MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-07-2009 01-58h - Revision:21864.rar (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Devs, hi Community!

With the first Startup MP creats Textures for the whole "FanArt-Foder"! Here are two Screenshots!

Best regards

Helios

Can confirm the same - I stopped MP start after 5 minutes and cpied old core.dll back without the changes to caching behaviour - tried some of the debug settings before without success.

PetrMan!

Portal Member
    October 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    Thanx for your great work.
    Some my 'longtime' problems:

- in TV Client is not CZE ID for audio and subtitles (CES only)
    - wrong czech characters in TXT subtitles but TXT page is OK
    - radio web-stream channels with commercials in begining don't play (commercials only), try Evropa 2 - 128 kbps stereo. WMP is OK.

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Analog still giving problems...

With this SVN I’m still experiencing problems with analog channel change on the client not working correctly. This is the problem:

1) On client start TV…. At this point there is no problem, TV works just fine…
    2) Select a different channel….now a few seconds goes by with only a black screen, after which an still image comes on…therefore TV looks frozen.
    3) On my remote I hit the FFW button…All of a sudden the channel changes and TV works like normal.
    4) Now select a different channel, and the problem starts over again until I hit the FFW button….

Also might be important is to mention that I'm not using analog frequencies, but s-video input with IR-blasters..

My problems all started with “SVN-Snapshot:-02-28-2009 00-07h - Revision:21813”, when “Zapping, RTSP improvements” and the “TvGuide got an improvement to switch between channel groups” changes were added.

Logs attached….

zilexa

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't understand why the newest SVN of Mediaportal contains a plugin (Cyberdisplay) that has been replaced by another plugin (Minidisplay) and that plugin is also included.
    People who don't know this and who are looking for a solution to make their (imon) display working may try Cyberdisplay... finding out Mediaportal may crash when playing H264 videos when Cyberdisplay is enabled. I Disabled and deleted Cyber, now using MiniDisplay and I can play movies in h264 format without crashes.

Please remove Cyberdisplay from the package.

edit: perhaps Cyberdisplay is included in MP1.0 and thats why I still have it... since the SVN only overwrites existing files.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Still got the focus issue (MP not taking focus on start) and can confirm the visualisation issue :(

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't understand why the newest SVN of Mediaportal contains a plugin (Cyberdisplay) that has been replaced by another plugin (Minidisplay) and that plugin is also included.
    People who don't know this and who are looking for a solution to make their (imon) display working may try Cyberdisplay... finding out Mediaportal may crash when playing H264 videos when Cyberdisplay is enabled. I Disabled and deleted Cyber, now using MiniDisplay and I can play movies in h264 format without crashes.

Please remove Cyberdisplay from the package.

edit: perhaps Cyberdisplay is included in MP1.0 and thats why I still have it... since the SVN only overwrites existing files.

Nope, SVN installer should have delete it, so something odd happended.

Simone

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Devs, hi Community!

With the first Startup MP creats Textures for the whole "FanArt-Foder"! Here are two Screenshots!

Best regards

Helios

This gives you and the plugin dev an idea how much these plugins really stress your gpu memory. Obviously MP is most often run on powerful, HD capable PCs where you don't see an issue with this.

This SVN has some previous important feature reenabled which was deactivated without any comment (most likely due to issues from careless skinners).

If your gpu cannot handle all these too big images then there's a workaround (that might lead to strange issues):

Add the following setting to your MediaPortal.xml debug section (and delete the cache):
    Code:
    <section name="debug">
      <entry name="packLogoGfx">no</entry>
    </section>
    This will stop MP from caching .png files in your thumb dir (TV logos, etc as well).

splatterpop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2007
    planet ASPARAGUS
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

not sure if this belongs here, but it just crossed me after installing the latest svn. In DVD playback, I am unable to switch audio or subtitle streams. The log says

2009-03-08 18:04:22.437500 [Info.][MPMain]: DVDPlayer: UOP control prohibits setting to audio stream 2
    2009-03-08 18:04:22.437500 [Info.][MPMain]: DVDPlayer: UOP control prohibits setting to audio stream 0
    2009-03-08 18:04:22.437500 [Info.][MPMain]: DVDPlayer: UOP control prohibits setting to audio stream 1
    2009-03-08 18:04:22.453125 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIVideoFullscreen: switched audio to Deutsch (2/3)
    2009-03-08 18:04:23.015625 [Info.][MPMain]: DVDPlayer: UOP control prohibits setting to audio stream 2
    2009-03-08 18:04:23.015625 [Info.][MPMain]: DVDPlayer: UOP control prohibits setting to audio stream 0
    2009-03-08 18:04:23.015625 [Info.][MPMain]: DVDPlayer: UOP control prohibits setting to audio stream 1
    2009-03-08 18:04:23.015625 [Info.][MPMain]: GUIVideoFullscreen: switched audio to Deutsch (2/3)

Languages / subtitles can be set in the main menu though.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom