MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-07-25-2008 22-31h - Revision:19778.rar | Page 6

Discussion in 'untested MediaPortal and TV-Server 1.0 RC2 svn-bui' started by MediaPortal-Bot, July 25, 2008.

1. illStyle

illStyle Portal Pro

Academic high school student
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

although this SVN version is running stable so far in cannot confirm the speedup when turning TV on with that new option enabled. Compared to RC2 speed remains the same. I can now switch from SD to HD channels without MediaPortal crashing, though. This did not work in RC2.

Thanks for making MP better and better!!

Regards,
    Simon

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. romadd64
    • Premium Supporter

romadd64 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy

I have more details :

If no other client is timeshifting, MiniEPG is sluggish; if another client is timeshifting, MiniEPG is fast. It seems that RC2 behavior it's reverted with the patch to bug 1466, that corrects sluggish EPG when another client is timeshifting.

romadd

4. gibman
    • Premium Supporter

gibman Retired Team Member

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi!

Yes, it is intentional.
    Before we simply queried the server if it was timeshifting or recording - if "no" then assume all channels are available.

This just isnt good enough.

What if a card is disabled / not found then the channels associated with that card should become unavail.
    We can revert back to how it was before with that simple algorithm described above, but then u also understand what can happen - false channel states.

Also, the reason why a timeshifting user has faster access to the mini EPG is simply because those cached channel states are now located on the user object on the server.

When u r not timeshifting, then the server does not know about you - (thus no user object) in other words it has to do a non-cached/slow channel states query on the fly.

/gibman

• Like Like x 1
  5. diskeeper

diskeeper Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +417 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
  6. nschoot

nschoot Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can confirm this... I attached logs as well. This is what I did:

- Cleared logs (using tool)
    - Started MP, Watched TV for a bit
    - Pressed Stand-by (while watching TV) on remote
    - Wait a bit
    - Pressed Resume on remote
    - MP started, error: "Unable to start time shiifting, Unknown error" -> The TV Guide info was there though.
    - Shut down MP
    - Went to TVServer config, tried to preview a channel there --> Failed
    - Gathered logs

I installed the new TVService dll, but no difference. The original RC2 worked fine. I tried both with and without the preload graph options. No difference. I have PowerScheduled configured to reinit TVService after resume. (Without this the service won't work at all after resume)

Using: FireDTV, ATI Radeon HD 2600, MSSQL

7. tourettes
    • Premium Supporter

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Couldnt the server process cache all the channel states always? Using SQL to dothe work is just causing unnescessary delays. The channel state information doesnt need to persis between different server runs so I cannot see any reasons why it woulndt be possible.

8. gibman
    • Premium Supporter

gibman Retired Team Member

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    The channel states are not fetched from the database, nor do they exist there.

The main problem is that the channel state mechanism is done by iterating through the available cards on a given user.

If a user is not timeshifting, then the tvserver has no knowledge about the user- and since the channel states are based on an existing user then there isn't any cached data.

The reason why it is slow is not b/c of SQL - but simply b/c of the various iterations.

In order to have it cacheable, we need to introduce an "empty user" on each card.
    This empty user's channelstates would then be used for miniepg on users that are not timeshifting.

/gibman

9. Helios61
    • Premium Supporter

Helios61 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 4
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    DVB/S - Radio - Nearly perfect

Thank you for this SVN. Its the first version with nearly perfect DVB/S - Radio!

Regards
    Helios

10. pilotedge

pilotedge Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I have some attached some logs regarding problems watching HD Channels. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I am also getting the "Waiting for VMR" in the log.... I can get audio only through the preview function in tv config, but this is mp2 audio rather than ac3....

11. dyamant

dyamant Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +36 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Whre can i find this option ?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!