MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-20-2008 10-52h - Revision:20268.rar (1 Viewer)

beregg

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Sorry if you cannot update to WMP11, but if there is a windows fix which requires this to be installed that Mediaportal relies on, then it has to be done.

This is also part of Windows Update requirements for installing MP in the first place.

Regards

None of the above are bug reports!!!

WMP11 is not supportet by Windows MCE 2002 (for me) and MCE 2004 :-( you can read on the microsoft website!

No Bug but- not nice ...

M

maysider2

fak fak fak
rc1 back

never install any new version...fak fak fak....terrible setting it back

looxer01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2006
    WMP11 now required

It would have been nice to anounce a change in requirements.
    I guess it will be documented before RC3 gets released.
    I am sure there will be more users complaining about it.

WMP11 is MSs way forward and not us to decide, I believe.

Perhaps a reason to think about Linux

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    It would have been nice to anounce a change in requirements.
    I guess it will be documented before RC3 gets released.

Actually it's documented :p

Wiki says do a windowsupdate until all updates are in place. Doing so you'll get WMP11.

Anyway, you are right. We will highlight this in our requirements page.

Simone

looxer01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2006
    "one of Google's Summer of Code projects this year is to bring hardware-based video acceleration to Linux with Gallium3D."
    ....just a matter of time. If you are going when everybody is going then you might be too late....

Mats42

Portal Member
    December 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Don't know if it should be seen as a bug or a "feature" but with no signal on the tvcard I get an error message "could not open graph" . Would be better with a no signal detected message

BugsBunny

Portal Pro
    April 22, 2006
    Tirol
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If WMP11 will be a requirement, then the days I'm a MediaPortal user will be counted.
    WMP11 is such a crapware!
    If I do not want the UPNP service and do not need it, I disable it!
    If a MediaPlayer wants to start the UPNP service each time I start it and then gives an error in the system log because the service is disabled, then the hell what crap is this software!
    F@#! WMP11!:mad:
    Can you name any other serious media player on windows that has similar behaviour?
    If the windows media runtime librarys 11 + WMP10 are enough then ok, but I will never again install that crap of WMP11.

BTW WMP11 is an optional update!

Edit:
    This post expresses my personal dislike of WMP11. Really hope that wmp11 will not get mandatory for MediaPortal (that I do like a lot)

RedEnzo

Portal Member
    December 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi agian, I have uninstall the whole MediaPortal and I have done a fresh insallation. with this svn. I still can´t play .iso and .img I even try to play a real dvd from disc and nothing happens. When I press Play dvd on the left side the qustion shows up " Did you realy insert a Disc?

Someone else who has the same problem?

Did you add .img and .iso to the list of file extensions and configure DeamonTools correctly ?

Hi!
    Of course I have the right settings in DeamonTools and I have add the file extensions. It´s been working for the last year.
    :D

Hi guys,

after a few hours I find out my problem. If I use AC3 codec for audio on DVD, MP don´t play .iso, .img or a real DVD.

M

maysider2

"one of Google's Summer of Code projects this year is to bring hardware-based video acceleration to Linux with Gallium3D."
    ....just a matter of time. If you are going when everybody is going then you might be too late....

great! because of this and so bugged MP Linux will be my future HTPC. Never need to depend on Macroshrot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom