MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-20-2008 10-52h - Revision:20268.rar (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It would have been nice to anounce a change in requirements.
    I guess it will be documented before RC3 gets released.

Actually it's documented :p

Wiki says do a windowsupdate until all updates are in place. Doing so you'll get WMP11.

Anyway, you are right. We will highlight this in our requirements page.

Simone

Simone,

This is an OPTIONAL update, i.e. it doesnt get installed when you dont select it....

If this WMP11 is a must have.. then please highlight this in such a way a user really chooses this update , or include it in the installer ?

Personally I hate wmp11 ... it has really nasty features.. if MP can be run without it.. I would really favour that..
    (one of the things is the drm.exe that runs ALWAYS and seems to me like spyware.. )...

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would have been nice to anounce a change in requirements.
    I guess it will be documented before RC3 gets released.

Wiki says do a windowsupdate until all updates are in place. Doing so you'll get WMP11.

Simone

Simone,

This is an OPTIONAL update, i.e. it doesnt get installed when you dont select it....

If this WMP11 is a must have.. then please highlight this in such a way a user really chooses this update , or include it in the installer ?

Personally I hate wmp11 ... it has really nasty features.. if MP can be run without it.. I would really favour that..
    (one of the things is the drm.exe that runs ALWAYS and seems to me like spyware.. )...

Nothing more to say.
    If MP11 is not absolutely necessary for MP don't make it mandaytory. AFAIK autoupdate won't apply it automatically.
    The UPNP behavour of this software is unaceptable. IMHO UPNP is nothing more than a security risk.

grubi

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Simone

Simone,

Nothing more to say.
    If MP11 is not absolutely necessary for MP don't make it mandaytory. AFAIK autoupdate won't apply it automatically.
    The UPNP behavour of this software is unaceptable. IMHO UPNP is nothing more than a security risk.

grubi
    ah yes.. crappy upnp is another reason..
    and I thought of 1 more..

if you set windowsupdate to install automatically and you have selected critical only. you will never see any WMP11 update or otherwise.. only critical patches for current products you already have will be applied!
    Please keep that in mind also :)

Zeee

September 4, 2007
    Osijek
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    In Preferred subtitle languages settings Croatian language is missing. ID for Croatian language is hrv. It would be nice to have possibility to set that for preferred subtitle.

looxer01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2006
    "one of Google's Summer of Code projects this year is to bring hardware-based video acceleration to Linux with Gallium3D."
    ....just a matter of time. If you are going when everybody is going then you might be too late....

great! because of this and so bugged MP Linux will be my future HTPC. Never need to depend on Macroshrot!

I really like love MP and have no intention to change to anywhere. If Linux and MP would be a choice then I would give it a try.
    Just wanted to say that knowing that this is not the right forum for this discussion. Just felt that I was not correctly quoted.

thx

Looxer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom