MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-08-2008 16-42h - Revision:20755.rar (1 Viewer)

collaborator

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Basel
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hey ,

When should we expect MP 1.0 Final release ?

I formatted my HTPC and I can not decide whether to go with latest SVN or wait till final release come up.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    From looking at the roadmap - RC4 is nearly complete (3 or 4 issues to close) - so expect that maybe by the weekend.

the 1.0 Final release has around 5 issues open, and maybe a few more once RC4 is out (and once users test).

My guess? within 2 weeks? maybe three?

then again, i'm just guestimating! :)

I was hoping to have 1.0 installed this weekend, but it is not looking likely!

see this: Roadmap - MediaPortal Bugtracker
    and this: Roadmap - MediaPortal Bugtracker

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ...the TV is stuttering every few Minutes, using the MPV/MPA Codec. The Problem occures since the RC3 is released, every Snapshot again.

Any Ideas?

See here for German-Forum-Topic:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/media-portal-support-170/ruckeln-seit-rc3-46791/
    Agreed. From THIS extensive thread:

I think most stuttering I have seen has been related to continuity errors.

Are you 100% sure that discontinuity errors can not be caused by any bugs in Tv Server or other related parts (for example TSwriter.ax)? I don't think that though since I get continuity errors in dvbviewer as well.

I do have a feeling that many problems with TV Server is related to how it deals (or not deal with) with bad data. I have the same experience that dvbviewer run solid while TV Server has problems. My problems with TV Server is worse than just stuttering. Often one or both tuners will stop working and I need to reboot to get them back working. No problems at all in dvbviewer and I do have discontinuity errors in dvbviewer as well however I don't notice that much stuttering and never that a tuner stop working or it crashing.

Also can discontinuities be caused by broadcaster (and possibly software fixes to deal with them)? I found this when I googled (which might not apply at all to MP but seems like a similar problem):

"The problem was that sometimes there were quite a lot of missing frames
    (jumpy picture), and at the other times there were none. I debugged VDR and
    finally pinpointed the problem in the remuxer. It appears that Finnish
    broadcaster company is (sometimes) sending PES packets longer than VDR
    remuxer can handle
    . The fix is quite simple and did remove the problem for
    me and for couple of others who tried the fix in Helsinki area."

Trouty

Portal Member
    November 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi all, I, as every week install the latest SVN,which has become my Sunday afternoon ritual, and then follow these forums. Luckily I don't get nearly any of the issues that others have. The only issues I've had since RC3 was a recording from a schedule stopped 15min into the recording. That was with the previous SVN, and back in October I stopped stuttering when recording by changing the recording folder over from my D:\ to My Documents on C:\. Apart from that, most problems i experience are Skin related, such as Aeon wide issues this week.

This SVN - TV works fine SD and HD: - No stuttering, except every now and then the timeshift has a bit of a hiccup, but seems to sort it self out.

TV MPEG2 codec -Intervideo.
    TV Audio -MPA.
    DVD works fine.
    MPEG2 codec -Intervideo.
    Audio - Intervideo.

When I install an SVN, I choose to uninstall the TV server, but allow to keep settings. I scheduled a recording on Monday night. Worked perfectly.
    My wife was very happy, as mentioned before the last SVN stuffed the weekly Supernatural recording. This week - All Good-Great. Thank you!!

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ...the TV is stuttering every few Minutes, using the MPV/MPA Codec. The Problem occures since the RC3 is released, every Snapshot again.

Any Ideas?

"The problem was that sometimes there were quite a lot of missing frames
    (jumpy picture), and at the other times there were none. I debugged VDR and
    finally pinpointed the problem in the remuxer. It appears that Finnish
    broadcaster company is (sometimes) sending PES packets longer than VDR
    remuxer can handle
    . The fix is quite simple and did remove the problem for
    me and for couple of others who tried the fix in Helsinki area."

At least long PES packets shouldnt be the issue in this case as I live in Finland and have zero stuttering (also zero discontinuity errors).

sintei

Portal Member
    December 13, 2007
    Sorry for my ignorance, but if I understand it correctly, the TV-server in every untested SVN is standalone, right?
    Meaning if I unistall TV server from the MP:RC3 I can just install it via an SVN instead.
    Thanks in advance.

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    East Anglia, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    DVB Radio

I am recording happily Digital Radio via the latest SVN but... the .TS file is not readable by the Music or TV players (even if the .TS extension is correctly configured).
    I'm sure on earlier versions recorded Radio .ts files did play. At the moment the only way I can play recorded radio is to manually process the recorded stream (strip out audio) to an .mpa file this then works. Obviously this is convoluted and not necessary in previous versions (I think?)

sintei

Portal Member
    December 13, 2007
    Im my eyes a bug: When using "TV-Server_weekly-snapshot" and you already have the TV server installed. Choosing adding TV-plugin to MP (unchecking TV SERVER) unistalls the TV server while it installs the TV-plugin!

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Im my eyes a bug: When using "TV-Server_weekly-snapshot" and you already have the TV server installed. Choosing adding TV-plugin to MP (unchecking TV SERVER) unistalls the TV server while it installs the TV-plugin!

You can see it that way:

uncheck = uninstall
    check = install

so if you want both, just leave both checked :p

Simone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom