Mediaportal with uncommitted Disceq (1 Viewer)

FilterX

Portal Pro
June 15, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank you for updating Sebastiii. I hope there is 22Khz support in MM's build, instead of having to use the patches. I'm very thankful for all of MM's work, and for helping us out here. Please keep us updated. Thanks again.

ozkarah

Portal Member
March 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
I would like to be decent and kind. However, after requesting and asking too many times, getting no answer from the executives makes me very sad. The problem and solution is clear. But no one officially fixes it. MM at the beginning was very much interested in helping but soon we lost him too. I feel ignored.
I don't want to say that it must be fixed a.s.a.p. I also know that contributors of this project are doing a great job using their private time. However, to know either it will be or not and when is a right for the members of this community and the users of this awesome product; instead of being ignored. I guess we deserve to be well informed at least.
Sorry for the bad opinions but unfortunately that is the truth :(

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello folks

@ozkarah: I'm very sorry if you feel ignored. This is not my intention.

As far as I can see, the last contact that I received about this thread was on May 10 when npcomplete started a private conversation with me. He had issues with turning the 22k tone on/off. I was able to assist him to find a solution that did not require this patch.

I have not been receiving emails about new posts in the thread, and I had not seen any message from ssenyer until today when I found my public profile posts for the first time. I'm sorry that I didn't see any of these messages. I don't know why I didn't get emails about new posts. I do know that I don't get any notification when public messages are posted on my profile otherwise I would surely have received an email. It really is better to start a conversation with me if you want my attention.

I can only apologise again. I simply didn't see any messages until now when I saw an update to this thread. Then I went searching through my 1000+ conversations and was concerned that I couldn't find anything from ssenyer. Finally I noticed my profile posts for the first time and saw his message.

To give an update: the current state of the patch is exactly as described by Sebastiii. I do intend to release an installer in Area 51. Probably I will wait until the final release of MP 1.3 to give me time to add more features and to reduce the required effort for support.

In this patch is included (among many many other things):
    1. Support for DiSEqC 1.1 (16 port switches).
    2. Support for bandstacked LNBs.
    3. Support for LNBs on toroidal dishes.
    4. LNB override settings removed.

Instead of the LNB override settings, the LNB type definitions have moved out of the code and into a new table in the database so it will be possible to create new LNB types if your LNB is not natively supported. I have not made it possible to add LNB types from TV Server configuration for two reasons:
    1. I have added some new LNB types definitions that should mean 90%+ LNBs are supported by default.
    2. I think DJBlu is working on this same area of the code to add support for some features like USALS. I don't want to create a conflict with his code.

@FilterX: it is possible that like npcomplete, you may not actually need this patch. There are already standard "band types" for 11250 MHz with 22 kHz off ("NA Legacy" and "NA Custom 1") and 22 kHz on ("NA Custom 2").

Is there any other information that you are seeking?

Best regards,
    mm

ozkarah

Portal Member
    March 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello MM,

Thanks for the info. It seems to be a great solution. I am sorry for being that reactive. It is a bad chance for all of us that you didn't receive the past messages.
    I didn't start any conversation with you, as in January you said you are on it and you need some time because of your crashed computer.
    At least my message caused you to hear us again, and very happy for that. Looking forward for the updates...

1- Is there any time schedule that you can share with us ?
    2- Is it possible to share your current work for 1.3.0 Alpha ?

Thank you again for the great work.
    Best regards.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello ozkarah

Thanks for the info. It seems to be a great solution. I am sorry for being that reactive. It is a bad chance for all of us that you didn't receive the past messages.
    No need to apologise - please. I can understand why you would feel frustrated, and I feel very bad about that.

In answer to your questions:
    1- Is there any time schedule that you can share with us ?
    I'm sorry, there is no fixed timeframe at the moment. There are a few reasons that I am saying this...

First, I don't want to release before MP 1.3 final is out. True - it is a lot more work for me to support alpha, beta, release candidate, etc. than just final and updates. However, more importantly there are some annoying issues in MP 1.3 alpha that I would like to see fixed first.
    A couple of weeks ago I did think I would release my work in Area 51. Then I spoke to gibman who is making huge improvements in other areas of the TV Server. We would like to release our work together. It will take a little longer to merge our work and prepare it for release.
    Finally, I am currently in the middle of making more improvements so my code is not stable - it gets updates every day (more at the weekend ;)).

2- Is it possible to share your current work for 1.3.0 Alpha ?
    I could provide an installer from about 1 month ago, but I do prefer not to release until after MP 1.3 final is released as mentioned above. One additional reason for this is that people have reported bugs in my work that I still need to fix...

mm

FilterX

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @FilterX: it is possible that like npcomplete, you may not actually need this patch. There are already standard "band types" for 11250 MHz with 22 kHz off ("NA Legacy" and "NA Custom 1") and 22 kHz on ("NA Custom 2").

Hi MM,

Yes you are correct. I do not need this patch as we addressed over at the 1.3 Alpha thread. Everything is working great. Thanks bud!

ozkarah

Portal Member
    March 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello to all,

Since I got the info from MM that the patch for 1.3 will last some long time, I started to find some other easy to use ways for the problem of the mixed usage of non universal lnbs and universal lnbs together.

Finally, I have found a workaround for my problem. No more I need this patch. Workaround is using the universal lnb setting for all lnbs but using different transponder list file with recalculated frequencies for 9750/10600/11700 mhz lnb settings.

My system utilitizes satellite dishes with 7.0 Eutelsat W3A,13.0 Hotbird and 42.0 Turksat; and the dish for 7.0 is equipped with a MDU2 LNB. All I had to do is create a new xml file for 7.0 and edit "satellites.xml". The tricky part is it might be some hard to recalculate the frequencies for the new xml file.

All the files are at home and I am not at home now. Anyone needs more info about it just ask here. I will try to answer very soon.

PS: However still not able to use MP 1.3a. Because I couldn't make MDAPI+Acamd work with MP 1.3.0a. Everything works fine with 1.2.2 and 1.2.3. My system is running Windows 7 x64 and WinTV HVR 4400 is utilized. If anyone is able to make MDAPI work on 1.3 pls inform me.

best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread